Did you mean: 

Military Star Card and GW Letters

tag
IvDogg
Established Member

Re: Military Star Card and GW Letters

@OneDay_750 wrote:

@IvDogg wrote:

I also had luck with a GW on my Star Card this past Feb.  Was late 2 months in a row 12/2011 - 1/2012, so a 30 & 60 day late mark...

Just wrote one letter to the basic Customer Service address and the lates were gone by the next statement update.

That's great news!  Congrats.  Would you mind sending me a PM with the text you used?  My letter failed to convinced them.  Thank you.

Let me find it and send it your way.

Starting Score (Feb 2014): EXP:583 EQ: 585 TU: 610
Current Score (5/1/2014): EXP:707 EQ:681 TU:671(All Fico)
Goal Score: 725 (all three)

My Wallet: Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa $24k, Discover IT $7k, Amazon Rewards Visa $5k, Hawaiian Airlines World MC $4000, Gold Delta SkyMiles $2k, Cap One Quicksilver $3800, Military Star Card $2625, Bestbuy Reward Zone $300, Horizon Gold $500
Message 11 of 18
Joai
Established Member

Could you pm that info to me as we'll?

Message 12 of 18
joeljess

If you could also pass that along to me I would greatly appriciate it. I was 60 days late for only 35 cents and they put it on my credit. If you have a contact number I would appriciate that also.

Message 13 of 18
Mrqshines

If you could PM me the letter you sent them, I'd greatly appreciate it. They are the very last negative account I have on my Credit Report. 4 down 1 to go.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I'm a bit late (and very new) however, do you think you could pass the Military Star letter you referred to on to me as well.  It seems to be a very coveted piece of paper.  Thank you.

Message 15 of 18
Tim13

I missed payments for August and September due to birth of my child and beginning a new career in the federal government. I immediately paid off my balance entirely. I called to ask for a credit clean up and they stated they don't do that anymore. Funny thing is, I've been out of the military for just over a year and it's still active. They didn't come after me for debt ($5700, but paid up to date until August) when I was transitioning. I'm going to send a letter asking for a credit clean up. Hopefully they take it off. I'm trying to improve my credit.

10/27/14 EQ 625 Ex 645 TU 665 (myFICO)
9/24/14 EQ 584 Ex 617 TU 621 (myFICO)
Message 16 of 18
peach33

If you've received the PM info could you pass on to me please. I really need it thanks.
Message 17 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Time to lock this old thread.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.