Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miller stark and klein

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Miller stark and klein

^^^What the CA's do is buy one of the many marketing lists available through the CRA's. In this case, they purchase a list of people that have applied for mortgages and scrub that list against their database, and if they get a hit, the CA duns the potential borrower immediately. Lots of intimidation is used centering around the threat to stop the new house loan if the consumer doesn't pay the debt immediately. The thing is this: sometimes paying the debt can derail the loan. So this is just a caution not to pay it until the borrower has talked with the lender first.  This same list is sold to mortgage co's as potential leads. There are many specific demographic type lists sold by the CRA's to various companies for their use. I don't know if the entire report comes with the list or not. 

Here is Experian's offer: http://www.experian.com/small-business/mortgage-leads.jsp

Message 11 of 18
nupey10
Regular Contributor

^^^What the CA's do is buy one of the many marketing lists available through the CRA's. In this case, they purchase a list of people that have applied for mortgages and scrub that list against their database, and if they get a hit, the CA duns the potential borrower immediately. Lots of intimidation is used centering around the threat to stop the new house loan if the consumer doesn't pay the debt immediately. The thing is this: sometimes paying the debt can derail the loan. So this is just a caution not to pay it until the borrower has talked with the lender first. This same list is sold to mortgage co's as potential leads. There are many specific demographic type lists sold by the CRA's to various companies for their use. I don't know if the entire report comes with the list or not.

Here is Experian's offer: http://www.experian.com/small-business/mortgage-leads.jsp

What if the debt is already past SOL and has been removed from credit report?  Can they still have the debt line added back to a credit report?

Message 12 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@nupey10 wrote:

^^^What the CA's do is buy one of the many marketing lists available through the CRA's. In this case, they purchase a list of people that have applied for mortgages and scrub that list against their database, and if they get a hit, the CA duns the potential borrower immediately. Lots of intimidation is used centering around the threat to stop the new house loan if the consumer doesn't pay the debt immediately. The thing is this: sometimes paying the debt can derail the loan. So this is just a caution not to pay it until the borrower has talked with the lender first. This same list is sold to mortgage co's as potential leads. There are many specific demographic type lists sold by the CRA's to various companies for their use. I don't know if the entire report comes with the list or not.

Here is Experian's offer: http://www.experian.com/small-business/mortgage-leads.jsp

What if the debt is already past SOL and has been removed from credit report?  Can they still have the debt line added back to a credit report?

^^No, not if it is past the time period allowed to be reported on your credit report (generally 7 years + 180 days).  CA's will threaten to put it back on your report IME. That seems to be a common tactic, that's why I say to contact your lender first so you can do the right thing per the mortgage lender - which is usually to leave it alone. 

Message 13 of 18
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Mod-- I have noticed after I post that a thread should not hand gone on that particular forum, is there a way that I can delete after posting ? That way I don't get in trouble!
Message 14 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yes, you can erase the content and notify a mod to delete the post. 

Message 15 of 18
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I don't have anything on my report and don't recognize the debt after they left a message. I haven't been late in a thing in 7 years so maybe zombie debt!?
Message 16 of 18
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Just go to my profile? Ok thanks !
Message 17 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Mod-- I have noticed after I post that a thread should not hand gone on that particular forum, is there a way that I can delete after posting ? That way I don't get in trouble!

As stated by SO10 you can notify a mod directly or you can use the report inappropriate content selection from the options drop down menu in the upper right hand corner of the post. You would select it and just ask that it be removed as you posted it in the wrong place, you can also leave the post and ask that it be moved to the proper forum without posting a second thread in the correct forum.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.