cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miramed GS Paid Collection GW Letter or Dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Miramed GS Paid Collection GW Letter or Dispute?

I have a Miramed GS paid collection that is showing up on TU only.  The amount is $383.00 and the date it showed up is 12/2013.  When I paid this, I paid the hospital directly, at the time I didn't know it was a collection.  Should I write a GW letter or dispute it? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Miramed GS Paid Collection GW Letter or Dispute?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Miramed GS paid collection that is showing up on TU only.  The amount is $383.00 and the date it showed up is 12/2013.  When I paid this, I paid the hospital directly, at the time I didn't know it was a collection.  Should I write a GW letter or dispute it? 

I would send GW letter first and if that doesnt take care of it and if it has errors in reporting then you would send them a direct dispute.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I GW them on a collection for an account the hospital never billed me for. They sent me a letter back stating the amount I supposedly owed so I called them and explained that it was taken care of with the hospital (who I had already called to confirm I owed nothing). MiraMed removed the collection from my report on the first of the next month.

Beware if you do call them they have a phone system clearly designed to make you hang up. It'll ring and ring and ring before it goes silent, then it's a long quiet wait till someone finally answers.
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It depends upon what you are trying to do.

Are you attempting to get the balance corrected to read $0,, thus showing the debt was paid, or are you attempting to get the einfire collection deleted?

Expecting that you will want the entire collection deleted, then send a GW request to the debt collector.

They will most likely decline to delete. 

You can then dispute the showing of a balance, and require them to update to $0, while continuing to pursue GW deletion.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to get the whole collection deleted. The balance is $0. I paid this through the hospitals website and never dealt with the CA. I will try the GW letter.
Thanks everyone.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.