Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatching DofD between CRAs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mismatching DofD between CRAs

So I called TU this morning to see about an EE on an item that according to EX is due to fall off in September of 2016. TU says it's November, and that that the DofD is November 2009, but EX says the DofD was September 2009. Also, TU supervisor told me "it is illegal to remove items early"... Smiley Indifferent he filed a dispute for me instead. I actually disputed this item as it is NOT MINE quite a while ago, but both EX and TU claimed it was verified. EQ removed it, stating that the SSN they had was incorrect. I'm not sure how exactly it could have matched my information and also not matched my information within a month of each other, but decided not to push it too hard since it was due to fall off so soon.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Mismatching DofD between CRAs

Is "the item" a collection or a charge-off?

If reported by the OC, then it should clearly be thet same with each CRA, as it is a date-certain for which the same party should report the same info.

However, since it is only a month difference, it may not be worth the time and effort to dispute.

Correction will result in one or the other being updated, and not the deltion of anything.

Continued pursuit of early exclusion is certainly possible, such as by calling and speaking to another rep until you get one who is more sympathetic.

Early exclusion clearly is not prohibited by any statute or regulation.

Is there some compelling factual reason why you need early exclusion, or is the whole issue essentailly a want, not a need?

Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP, that supervisor from TU was telling you the standard info. I search of these threads shows that TU is know for removing items off of reports as early as 6 months out. I would try again at some point, and talk to someone different. Maybe wait one more month.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OC is the CA in this case. However, after talking to an EX supervisor, I was told that the information was in fact a mismatch, and should have been included in the credit report merge cleanup. So I went ahead and called TU back to confirm that the dispute should be to verify that it is mine.

I expect that this should be removed off my reports without the need for EE. Thanks so much for all of the information. ^_^

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.