Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing collections

tag
k_dub01
Valued Member

Missing collections

So I pulled my TU and EQ to see what I needed to work on and to my shock there's about 3 collection accounts missing from both of them. Not that im complaining if they are in fact gone (none have reached the 7 year mark), but is it possible they're "hiding" in my experian report? At one point they were on all 3 reports.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Missing collections

Have you checked your EX report from here yet?  Or in the last year?  It costs nothing & they are directly from the 3 CRA's.

That link is also in my sig block. 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
k_dub01
Valued Member

I just checked EX from annualcreditreport.com and they're not on there either. Hmmmm....
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing here.

I recently GW'd a medical CO that should have never hit my credit in the first place due to an insurance screwup. I had been fighting it for months. When I got the CO to see things my way, my score went up almost 50 points. This was in November 2010. It popped me up over 700. That same week, I received a call from NCO letting me know I had a medical CO from Sept of 04 (scheduled to drop off this fall). Wasn't surprised by the call as I figured I had just woken the sleeping dogs The CO girl was super cool and I played dumb. I kept asking her "when was that?", "I thought my insurance paid it", "really, that was almost SEVEN years ago?", "wow, I'm sorry, I really thought that was paid".... That collection has been on all three for years.

I just pulled all my reports last week and that old CO is gone. Where'd it go? I'm not complaining! I wonder if she closed it out for me? I haven't received any mail notifications on that collection in years....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.