cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mission: Credit Rebuild. Destination: Garden.

tag
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

First Walmart FICO!

*drum roll* 

My June FICO TU score is 662Smiley Very Happy

In November, my FICO TU here was 593. I think it's different models, but it still shows I'm progressing!

Message 81 of 95
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: First Walmart FICO!

Awesome! I can't wait to get into the 600s lmao. Keep it going!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 82 of 95
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mission: Credit Rebuild. Destination: Garden.

I have just read your journey from top to bottom. So inspirational and encouraging. Sometimes in life as we go through things we often feel like we are the only ones going through something and at that moment feel like we will never come out of it. I have read many stories and yours truly moved me I feel encouraged as I go thru my own struggles that yes This too shall pass! Keep doing what you are doing much much much success to you and God Bless You! You have two very proud angels watching over you :-) Thank you again so much for sharing your story you really touched me.

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 83 of 95
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mission: Credit Rebuild. Destination: Garden.

@New_Beginning wrote:

I have just read your journey from top to bottom. So inspirational and encouraging. Sometimes in life as we go through things we often feel like we are the only ones going through something and at that moment feel like we will never come out of it. I have read many stories and yours truly moved me I feel encouraged as I go thru my own struggles that yes This too shall pass! Keep doing what you are doing much much much success to you and God Bless You! You have two very proud angels watching over you :-) Thank you again so much for sharing your story you really touched me.

Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

Message 84 of 95
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Auto CLI

Logged into today to pay my Capital One account and noticed a $1,000 CLI! Smiley Happy Up to $3,250 now. 

Now if only they would bump my measly $500 (up $200 from my starting limit) one up. But I shall be patient... my other card started at $500 and is now at $3,250.

Patience, patience, patience!

Message 85 of 95
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto CLI

Congratulations!!!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 86 of 95
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

MIDLAND GONE? So they say...

Thanks to some AWESOME poster here on MyFico I came aross a thread about T-Mobile cramming charges and a possible way to have Midland removed from my credit reports.

I filed a complaint with the CFPB on August 20th, 2014:

Describe what happened so we can understand the issue... 
Midland Credit Management was unable to tell me anything more specific than the bill was from my previous phone provider, T-Mobile. They did not have any proof as to what the outrageous charges were for and the balance most likely includes crammed charges which would have not been authorized by me and therefore they were collecting for an amount I did not owe. 

I also never received any letters regarding this debt as they did not have my correct address. I had contacted them after I was alerted a collection had been placed onto my credit file and then the letters started coming. Midland Credit Management reps would call my cell phone multiple times a day, seven days a week early in the morning to late at night, from an unknown private number and they also contacted me at work after requesting if they were going to contact me that they contact me at the number I had provided. 

I had settled with Midland due to the overwhelming number of times they would contact me.
This is about a(n) Debt collection: Other (i.e. phone, health club, etc.) 
Which of these best describes your issue? Disclosure verification of debt: Not enough information to verify debt
i.e. amount of debt & name of creditor 

DESIRED RESOLUTION

What do you think would be a fair resolution to your issue? 

I would like Midland Credit Management to be removed from my Experian and Equifax report.

Today, September 4th, I got an e-mail saying Midland had responded:

Relief 

Ms. xxxxx, Midland Credit acted in a timely manner and has complied with all applicable laws.  Please note that prior to receiving your inquiry through the CFPB, Midland Credit was not informed of a balance discrepancy with the above-referenced account.  As such, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit has made the business decision to delete the credit reporting of the account.  While collection activity ceased upon the initial settlement of the account and the account was being reported as paid, the three credit-reporting agencies will be notified to delete all reference to the account in question from your consumer credit files. Please see Midland Credit's comprehensive response letter, which is attached for additional information.

SO NOW.... I wait and see if they remove it. I somehow had it removed from my TU months ago but have dispute comments on my EQ & EX.

Will post an update when they delete!

Message 87 of 95
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Luv button love :)

Haven't hit the luv buttons in a while...

C1 QS: no CLI on either of my accounts

Amazon:  no CLI

Walmart:  $900 > $1100 

Victoria Secret:  $850 > $1150

I'll take any little bit! Smiley Very Happy

Also hit the luv button on C1 for my boyfriends accout and he got $500 - $3500! I had to call the EO to get that kind of limit! Smiley Surprised

Message 88 of 95
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Adios Midland!

Well, two months after the day I submitted my CFPB complaint against Midland (T-Mobile cramming charges, any questions please see previous post on thread), they are off my reports! Smiley SurprisedSmiley Happy

Message 89 of 95
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

Re: Adios Midland!

Congrats on Midland!!!

I am just starting my rebuilding journey and reading through yours was truly inspiring.  Your perservance and never give up attitude is awesome!!!

Message 90 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.