Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mississippi Tax Lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mississippi Tax Lien

@gdale6 wrote:

A cancellation of the lien is essentially the same as a lien withdrawal and that is whats necessary for it to come off your CRs. Grats Smiley Happy

+1

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

dt3813, Thanks for your reply and good luck with your lien removal. I will definately let you know what I find out when I return home on the 15th

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent the cancellation letter to EQ and TU, requesting that the PR be removed. Both CRA's stated that they will not remove. I called the MS Dept of Revenue and I was told that there is nothing they can do to help me. Any other ideas?

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called MS Dept. of Revenue again just hoping for different results. She informed me again that they do not deal with cra's for any reason. It looks like this will be on my EQ and TU reports until 2022. Any other suggestions? I really need this gone!

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going through the same situation now. About to call MS DOR later today.

Others are saying that cancellation is the same as withdrawal so i'm going to try this first.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

this has happened to a family member ...check with the unemployment office.  usually it is for unemployment  received...

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update to my last response.

I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with the two reps.

The first one was completely useless. She just kept telling me that it cannot be removed.

The second said they will open a new dispute as for removal, but i just got a letter back saying I asked how long the lien will be on my report and they answered it saying it will take 7 years. Great, completely useless as well.

Going to try again this week.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does unemployment have to do with getting a state tax lien removed?

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refer to Mississippi Credit report settlement October 2016. I did a lot of googling and found this recently. Let me know how it goes. I have managed to remove my Mississippi tax liens recently for Ex and Eq., about to send an email or make a call and reference the MS lawsuit. As stated on the attorney general page:

o stop reporting civil judgments and tax liens against Mississippi Consumers

o purge all existing civil judgments and tax liens from Mississippi Consumers’ reports

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.