Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missouri Statute of limitations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missouri Statute of limitations

I live in MO where credit SOL is only 5 years. I had a few 30/60/ and even a few 120 day lates on various accounts that happened back in 08-09, should those be "falling off"? Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Missouri Statute of limitations

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in MO where credit SOL is only 5 years. I had a few 30/60/ and even a few 120 day lates on various accounts that happened back in 08-09, should those be "falling off"? Thank you!

Your states SOL has nothing to do with how long derogs can remain on your CRs, the FCRA controls that. Individual lates drop at the 7 years mark, COed or CA accounts can remain on file for up to 7.5 yrs post the DoFD, the CRAs typically will remove them at the 7 years mark to stay within the law.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your states SOL has nothing to do with how long derogs can remain on your CRs, the FCRA controls that. Individual lates drop at the 7 years mark, COed or CA accounts can remain on file for up to 7.5 yrs post the DoFD, the CRAs typically will remove them at the 7 years mark to stay within the law.

Does that kick in from the date the account was closed, the date the account was first delinquent, or the date the account was opened? Thank!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a little googling I found that it starts from the date you were first delinquent and expire monthly after.

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

After a little googling I found that it starts from the date you were first delinquent and expire monthly after.

Yup, the DoFD starts the clock ticking for CRTP and states SOL.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DOFD has nothing to do with monthly delinquencies.

DOFD only applies to collections and charge-offs.

Each monthly delinquency has a exclusion period of 7 years from its individual date of occurence.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.