cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistakes Of Youth

tag
moar_credit

Mistakes Of Youth

Hi there all!  First all I would like to say what a great and helpful this forum has been to rebuilding my credit score from a 540 to a 660ish !  Now I would first like to say when I was 18 I got my first credit card and long story short I mess up real bad.  I had 2 capital one credit cards and let them go to collection and got a judgement on me for both.  I am now 25 years old and have been trying really hard to rebuild my credit score.  I paid off both card as agree and updated my credit report as settled. Now I got 3 credit cards totaling 3,300 with Capital One ( go figure ) and Barclays.  I am soon looking to buying a car ( join DCU hoping I can get the 1.25% loan )  or maybe a townhouse and feel like the 2 baddies are stopping me from gettin a great APR % on a loan.  I have paid off all credit cards and now reporting only 1 card with a 1-9% balance as of this month.  I'm trying to figure out if it be worth to try to get the 2 baddies I have off my credit report or should I just wait it out?  Also would I ask Capital One or the collection agency for the deletion?  I actually look them up the collection agency and seem that they are now closed down.  Here is some info of the 2 baddies.  When will these also fall off my credit report if I were to wait?  Thank you for all the help ! Love you guys!

Date Open = 12/06
Date Reported = 04/11

Date Of Last Payment = 11/10

First delinquency = 07/08

Major delinquency = 06/09

Months reviewed : 51

Date Open = 03/08
Date Reported = 03/11

First delinquency = 03/09
Major delinquency = 10/2009]

Months reviewed = 35

Both were paid off to the collection agency on 11/10 and now show as a status CHARGED-OFF.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mistakes Of Youth

@moar_credit wrote:

Hi there all!  First all I would like to say what a great and helpful this forum has been to rebuilding my credit score from a 540 to a 660ish !  Now I would first like to say when I was 18 I got my first credit card and long story short I mess up real bad.  I had 2 capital one credit cards and let them go to collection and got a judgement on me for both.  I am now 25 years old and have been trying really hard to rebuild my credit score.  I paid off both card as agree and updated my credit report as settled. Now I got 3 credit cards totaling 3,300 with Capital One ( go figure ) and Barclays.  I am soon looking to buying a car ( join DCU hoping I can get the 1.25% loan )  or maybe a townhouse and feel like the 2 baddies are stopping me from gettin a great APR % on a loan.  I have paid off all credit cards and now reporting only 1 card with a 1-9% balance as of this month.  I'm trying to figure out if it be worth to try to get the 2 baddies I have off my credit report or should I just wait it out?  Also would I ask Capital One or the collection agency for the deletion?  I actually look them up the collection agency and seem that they are now closed down.  Here is some info of the 2 baddies.  When will these also fall off my credit report if I were to wait?  Thank you for all the help ! Love you guys!

Date Open = 12/06
Date Reported = 04/11

First delinquency = 07/08

Major delinquency = 06/09

Months reviewed : 51

It's old and getting older.  Only has a year and a couple months worth of life left.  Try a GW for this one

Date Open = 03/08
Date Reported = 03/11

First delinquency = 03/09
Major delinquency = 10/2009]

Months reviewed = 35

This one has not quite 2 years left on it, then it will be excluded.  I'd start the GW process.

It doesn't say who is reporting.  Is this the OC or the CA?  And which one is no longer in business?

Both were paid off to the collection agency on 11/10 and now show as a status CHARGED-OFF.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
moar_credit

Thank you for the reply! I belive it would be Capital One. It says Capital One as plantiff so Im guessin the collection agency was doing it on behalf of Capital One? The collection agency is the one that out of buisness. I try looking them up but the place is no longer there. I think Capital One would be favorable of takin it out. I actually started rebuilding my credit with them and apply for a secured card with a limit of 200. Now it is 300 and I have a Quick Silver card with a 2k limit. So to do a good will letter, I type it up and ask for deletion via snail mail? Can I just call them or email?
Message 3 of 6
moar_credit

Bump, looking to make moves soon. Will be applying for car loan or mortgage soon. Thanks !
Message 4 of 6
ethan17debttackler
Regular Contributor

IMHO, I'd email Cap1's EO. You can find their email address by googling it. I'm in a similar boat and am waiting to receive EO's decision this week. 

...Just my 2 cents.  

>

Message 5 of 6
moar_credit

Ya i try the EO earlier this year for a CLI on my current card and got deny but i did get my AF waive so i guess it was worth. I wish i kept the direct number to EO, the lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful but was told it was up to the credit analysis for the CLI
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.