Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed Bag on EE today

tag
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

Mixed Bag on EE today

So after reading up on EE today I decided to try my hand at the two accounts I have set to fall off this year:

Verizon Wireless (paid collection)  - set to fall off in April

Capital One (paid charge off) - set to fall off in September

I called EX first and spoke with the first CSR that answered the line. He told me the earliest he could do an EE on the Cap1 would be in June and that the Verizon Wireless had already fallen off. (It was showing as a negative account on my 1/18 3B report). I will confirm that it's fallen off on my 4/18 3B report. So a mixed bag of success here.

I called TU next and the first CSR I spoke with outright told me that he couldn't do it and that it wasn't allowed, yadda yadda and I requested to speak to his supervisor. The supervisor I spoke with was extremely helpful and removed both on the spot and stated that I should receive updated information in the next 5 business days.

Feeling slightly giddy I made the mistake of calling EQ. Smiley LOL I tried a few different numbers and was ultimately told that their CS team is only open from 9-5 EST. Seriously??? So my plan is to call them on my lunch break and probably sit on hold for 59 minutes only to be told that they can't remove any of them yet because they only do it a month in advance.  lol 

Ultimately I'm happy that I've made some progress getting derogatory remarks removed. Up next is GW letters for Medical Collections and one to Synchrony/JC Penneys for a 30-day late back in 2013. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mixed Bag on EE today

Awesome! I have read one post before this mentioning EE, so I am brand spankin' new to that idea but thanks for your info!

It has def motivated me to read more on it myself.

Anywhere you can point me directly? And must they be paid in order for EE? Or can it be old hard inquiries?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! I have read one post before this mentioning EE, so I am brand spankin' new to that idea but thanks for your info!

It has def motivated me to read more on it myself.

Anywhere you can point me directly? And must they be paid in order for EE? Or can it be old hard inquiries?

Thanks!

I don't have any particular threads in mind. I just did a search on the rebuilding board and read several threads about EE. I'm not an expert but I don't believe they have to be paid. They just have to be near the date when they are ready to age off. As far as inquiries go I have no idea if that's something you can ask for an EE on. I think those probably just have to fall off since they only take 2 years.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ladyjaye82 wrote:

So after reading up on EE today I decided to try my hand at the two accounts I have set to fall off this year:

Verizon Wireless (paid collection)  - set to fall off in April

Capital One (paid charge off) - set to fall off in September

I called EX first and spoke with the first CSR that answered the line. He told me the earliest he could do an EE on the Cap1 would be in June and that the Verizon Wireless had already fallen off. (It was showing as a negative account on my 1/18 3B report). I will confirm that it's fallen off on my 4/18 3B report. So a mixed bag of success here.

I called TU next and the first CSR I spoke with outright told me that he couldn't do it and that it wasn't allowed, yadda yadda and I requested to speak to his supervisor. The supervisor I spoke with was extremely helpful and removed both on the spot Smiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley LOLand stated that I should receive updated information in the next 5 business days. This is the same experience I had with TU and keep telling everyone about. You have to get to the supervisors level but they are extemely helpful.

Feeling slightly giddy I made the mistake of calling EQ. Smiley LOL I tried a few different numbers and was ultimately told that their CS team is only open from 9-5 EST. Seriously??? So my plan is to call them on my lunch break and probably sit on hold for 59 minutes only to be told that they can't remove any of them yet because they only do it a month in advance.  lol 

Ultimately I'm happy that I've made some progress getting derogatory remarks removed. Up next is GW letters for Medical Collections and one to Synchrony/JC Penneys for a 30-day late back in 2013. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.