Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
03-27-2013 06:39 PM
Hello, I am new to the forum and myfico as well. The myriad of information here has been amazing helpful. Thank you all. There there truly is accountability in numbers as well as seeing other people—normal like me—begin the process of turning the tide. The success stories are great, inspiring.
My utterly deplorable Fico score was all I needed to get my things in accord. Medical Bills and crappy accountability are what got me into the lowest numbers I've ever seen. How ridiculous.
Here's what I have done in the last 30 days:
1) Paid all debt/charge offs and some current 2009-2012. I assume it will take a few months to have the populate my score. I have clean balance sheet. $7k later. And about 3 months of OCD book keeping. It never reall ends...
2) Since I had a moral thing with disputes—only b/c I am the only person to blame—I decided not to ask for RFPs on the 6 cases with the CA, put have sent GW letters to the CA and CRAs. I am hopeful with persistence and discilpline that will pay off. Fingers crossed the late pays and baddies are sorted soon. Some are about to drop off. if there is ay advice on this, I am all ears.
3) I have paid my CapOne (2K CL) down to 9% and I will do so—with autopay—never to be late again. My Wells Fargo CC as well.
4) I have/had a tax lien from 2005 (satisfied in 2006) that will be removed, thanks Dept. of Revenue. Again, patience.
5) I am lucky to already be a home owner, however, the kids and my wife and I are looking to get somethig bigger in the next 12-18 months. My wife, as most of them do, has near-perfect credit. She's carried me long enough.
6) I was recently approved for a $1,500 installment loan at First Citizens Bank, so that will establish my recent, in good standing trade lines. I am lucky to have a good friend in the Banking industry dodge some bullets for me. I am thankful for that.
7) I have awesome 3 kids and been married for 10 awesome years and I am blessed to have a strong income. Myfico would say otherwise
My action plan is:
1) Stay current, no more late pays, 9% on all my Wells Fargo and CapOne revolving CC.
2) Establish perfect TLs. The installment loan and
3) Secure a few new DS cards (ie: WalMart, Target, BestBuy) etc.
4) I closed my Citi ($16k limit) paid off, as well as 3 others, 2 years ago. Boy, was that stupid.
5) New mortgage in 2014. Keep my wife's "security gland" happy-happy.
Sorry for the long post, but I am getting so much from so many of your posts and I wanted to contribute.
03-27-2013 07:04 PM
03-27-2013 09:19 PM
03-30-2013 02:45 AM
03-30-2013 05:18 AM
there is no need to send GW's certified. I would advise against that.