Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Credit Reports and Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Monthly Credit Reports and Scores

@Gidgetmom wrote:

I have found that I like Experiian.  For $24.95 per month, I can pull my 3 bureau report daily, if I want, at no extra charge.  It gives me FICO 8 scores for all three bureaus.  It also seems to update faster than myFICO.  Two weeks ago my EQ went up 62 points.  EX showed the bump immediately.  MyFICO took another week and a half before it showed the increase.  

As I am not purchasing a house or vehicle, I don't really need the extra scores myFICO provides.  Thinking of cancelling myFICO reports and sticking with Experian.  I just don't want to lose the myFICO forums.  

Hi Gidgetmom,

You cancel myFICO reports if you like and will not lose access to the myFICO forums ;-) 

Message 21 of 36
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for the info!  I am addicted to the information in this forum.  You all have been a godsend!

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive only been at this a couple months, so there maybe a better way. With that said, the best "free" approach I found was credit Karma for 2 of the 3 reports updated weekly, and my Discover card for a monthly FICO score. It's not 100% compete but the information from the two has been enough to keep my rebuild on track. I think I'll pay for all three scores once a year to make sure they are close.
Message 23 of 36
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Credit Karma can be good for keeping an eye on your reports, but the scores are Vantage 3 scores which very few lenders use and can be way off from actual FICO scores
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I only use them to keep track of my reports. Those scores are a joke. At this point in my rebuild seeing the changes is more important to me than the # (low to mid 500). Plus The fico score from discovery gives me a look at how I'm doing in Ficos eyes. It's not perfect but it's working so far. (Had a 485 when I moved a couple months ago)
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also use Experian... I can pull all 3 everyday for free.  I cancelled MyFICO and only use it for the forums now.  all the other scores were nice, but being only once a quarter didn't seem worth it.  Experian updates way faster too

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at the Experian Creditworks program (24.99/mo) it says you can get a new report every 90 days...?
Message 27 of 36
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Not sure what program I have and I can't seem to figure it out. I logged in, but can't seem to find the program name. I pull my credit reports everyday with Experian when I'm waiting for something to report and I am not charged for it.  I know I pay 24.99 a month.

I have been with experian since 2015, so may be I got in on some kind of special.  Wish I could be more helpful.

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@habu987  Thank you so much! I just cancelled ultimate and replaced with premier. The rep did ask me if I saw Premier as an option in my account - I told her I had found a link to a sign up page. :-) Thanks again.

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I plan to be gardening over the next few months, I'll be using CK and other sites to observe changes in my reports. Once I'm ready to start the credit card hunt again, probably in September, I'll buy the most recent FICO reports then to get the most accurate picture of where I stand.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.