Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Negative Reporting

tag
ladydmcqueen
New Visitor

Monthly Negative Reporting

Someone please help me to understand.  About a year ago I had a vehicle repossed.  I have sinced made an arrangesment to pay off the debt, which I have been doing faithfully on a monthly basis.  Then within the last six months the company started sending monthly negative reports to all three of the credit reporting agencies.  Is there something I can do to stop them from doing this?  Do I have some rights regarding this practice?  Can someone please help me to understand?  I am working very hard to improve my credit and to get my credit score up, but this seems to set me back every month.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Monthly Negative Reporting

Im no expert, but I have a collection account that does the same thing every month. I asked the same question and was told there is nothing you can do but try to negotiate a PFD with them. It took me 13 months to get them to agree to a PFD and my credit score suffered all 13 months. I managed my score to raise some, but that was definitely holding me back. I was told no on several occasions but I kept trying. I had no success sending letter to the CA, I had to email the Assistant Vice President and initially he told me no, but I kept at em' and he finally agreed.

My theory is they are trying to force you into paying them to stop the negative reporting. But in your case you are paying them so I don't understand that. Experts please chime in.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.