Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: Moral Dilemma. Family and Fraud.

@LS2982 wrote:

@IOBA wrote:

My two cents.

Your sister is a repeat offender, using you, your credit, and your bank accounts for HER convenience.

When you talk to her about, she lies and she gets defensive.   She knows she did wrong.   And so far, there's been NO consequence for her bad choices, her fraud, her stealing, or her lying.

If it were me,  I'd 

1.  File a police report for identity theft.

2.  Press charges against her, if the opportunity comes up.

3.  File a lawsuit against for her BOTH debts.   She may choose to pay you personally rather than go to court.   If not, you win in court, get a judgment against her, and it goes on her credit report.

Which makes me wonder why she put the utility bill in your name to begin with?   Has she screwed other people/companies out of money?   Is this a long time pattern for her?  It sounds like it might be.

Your sister needs to learn that you will not tolerate her screwing with you, your credit, and your bank account.

Please let us know what you decide to do.  

+1

I don't care if it's family or not your screwing my LIFE up with my credit. YOU made that decision. Now you need to face the consequences.

+1000

I couldn't agree more. 

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 12 of 13
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Re: Moral Dilemma. Family and Fraud.

I wont even co-sign credit for anyone, and even made the decision to not co sign for my future wife or son. I have already made credit mistakes and I am currently gardening and in teh middle of my first mortgage. I have seen how bad credit scores can get when I do it myself. I will never put myself in a position to let someone else mess with my credit. If someone takes my name and credit, rest assured that I will go after them to the fullest extent of the law. I have spent countless hours and money to rebuild my credit for me, not for someone else to take advantage of and leave me holding the bill.

Family or not, adults must be held liable for their actions.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.