Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Cap One luv

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

More Cap One luv

Wifey just got approved for a QS1 with a $500 limit! She has an old cap one account ($750) that is restricted because it went unpaid for a few months - never charged off but went way over limit. Finally got it paid down recently and tried to get it unrestricted but that was a no go. Good thing is its reporting as open with 750 limit. Once I get it all paid off we'll close the account and app for a new one.

Edit: forgot to add - the prequal kept coming up with just the secured card, but CK suggested the QS1 with 'fair' odds. I figured, what the heck, lets give it a shot!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More Cap One luv

woooooohoooooooo go her! Smiley Very Happy DH also has a restricted Cap one and in the same situation. he just got his QS in the mail!

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Wifey just got approved for a QS1 with a $500 limit! She has an old cap one account ($750) that is restricted because it went unpaid for a few months - never charged off but went way over limit. Finally got it paid down recently and tried to get it unrestricted but that was a no go. Good thing is its reporting as open with 750 limit. Once I get it all paid off we'll close the account and app for a new one.

Edit: forgot to add - the prequal kept coming up with just the secured card, but CK suggested the QS1 with 'fair' odds. I figured, what the heck, lets give it a shot!

Grats to your DW Smiley Happy

You shouldnt have to close it to get another Cap-1. Since that restricted is a positive I would not close it right away. I would let it remain as is for a few years and then do it you will get some more mileage for AAoA out of it that way.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You shouldnt have to close it to get another Cap-1. Since that restricted is a positive I would not close it right away. I would let it remain as is for a few years and then do it you will get some more mileage for AAoA out of it that way.

I'll see what Cap One says in a couple months. For some reason they won't allow me more than two accounts, so I'm kind of assuming she'll be restricted to two accounts as well, but we'll see.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll see what Cap One says in a couple months. For some reason they won't allow me more than two accounts, so I'm kind of assuming she'll be restricted to two accounts as well, but we'll see.

want one of mine? Smiley LOL i regret opening so many, especially bc they don't reallocate CLs. now i'm the capital one queen Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 6
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!
Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.