cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Midland Credit Management Fun.

tag
phoenix74

More Midland Credit Management Fun.

So I've worked hard for the past two years to rebuild my credit.  From a score in the mid 500's to 664.  I was scouring through my report and found an account with a balance of $417 that was 120+ days past due.  Given that I have no recollection, let alone record of the account I disputed it.  Within a week I received a score alert letting me know that my score bumped up to 685.  Upon further investigation I found the following:

[img] http://i45.tinypic.com/25uqz9i.jpg [/img]

I'm trying to wrap my head around what this is actually saying and how I should proceed.  1st, the date opened is more recent than the date of the last activity.  2nd, and correct me if I'm wrong, all the green dots seem to say that the payment was on time until last month?  I'm just pretty confused as to what my next step should be.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: More Midland Credit Management Fun.

Send a DV to put a collection bar on them. Pull your CR from the CRA's they are more detailed 3rd party report cn be wronf and off

Message 2 of 5
phoenix74

Pardon my ignorance but what us a dv?
Message 3 of 5
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are not required to "prove" that you owe the debt in order to validate.

They are required to obtain documentation that is sufficient to provide a basis for finding the debt as valid, and pass that determination on to the consumer.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.