Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Midland Drama

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

More Midland Drama

So I sent them over a DV for a debt....mind you, this is the second time I've sent a DV to them for this particular debt.

They had the nerve to send me a letter and tell me that "they have received insufficient documentation to investigate my dispute". Like, what the heck. I'm asking YOU for Validation...you claim I owe this...why should I do your work for you?

Is there anything I should try next? This seems like a stall tactic and they can't validate it...I'm kinda at a loss now.

Thanks all!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Re: More Midland Drama

Send a CMRR letter with a copy of the letter they sent. State in the letter that you are NOT disputing the debt, however you wish to ask for validation (if it is timely - within 30 days of their dunning notice) and that this is now the third letter you've sent requesting validation. Failure for them to respond with proper validation will make you assume that they claim the debt is not valid and that they are to remove it at once. Failure to do so and you would consider any and all legal options that may be available to you for their failure to provide proper validation upon reciept of your initial request that was made in a timely fashion to their first communication.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 2 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@scarrollprint wrote:

Send a CMRR letter with a copy of the letter they sent. State in the letter that you are NOT disputing the debt, however you wish to ask for validation (if it is timely - within 30 days of their dunning notice) and that this is now the third letter you've sent requesting validation. Failure for them to respond with proper validation will make you assume that they claim the debt is not valid and that they are to remove it at once. Failure to do so and you would consider any and all legal options that may be available to you for their failure to provide proper validation upon reciept of your initial request that was made in a timely fashion to their first communication.

OK I'll try that again...do  they normally do this, though. Do they send validation if you ask for it or just typically throw this BS around?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 12
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Sorry you found yourself in Midland's mess:  I and many others on this board are in the same situation - and Midland has sent similar letters to me and others requesting same kinds of information.  I am about to send them a second letter - a sort of a 623 requesting investigation of the debt...

let us know how you end up dealing with them...

cheers, Oy

Message 4 of 12
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

CAs on the up and up send proper validation.

those that aren't on the up and up and are sleazy and trying to work the system, don't.

They are playing "stupid" so that it covers their ass. When they then don't give you what you want it puts the power in their hands and they are trying to call your bluff that you won't strike back, that you'll either just give them the info and buy them more time to "validate" this while adding interest or other fees. OR they hope you'll just ignore it and then they can move in faster making you look like you didn't do your due diligence.

Either way send a third and final letter stating specifically  that this would be the last attempt you'll make requesting validation of the debt and that it is not a dispute and that them ingoring this request a 3rd time even though the 1st request was timely, that you would then be seeking what your legal options are.

Do it - you can send letters till your blue in the face but after that 30 day window they will be able to claim you never requested validation but rather that you disputed it...

This way your creating a paper trail that you did your job and they ignored it.

Then if they give you the same response again, file formal complaints against them for direct violation of refusing to validate a debt that they claimed you owed when you asked for such validation in a timely manner not only once but 3 times.

They are playing a game, you need to step it up and play hardball with them or otherwise you'll spin wheels till its too late and they are back to having the upper hand.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 5 of 12
jerrod76
Valued Member

And yes, when you send  a timely dv and they tell you they need more info it is typical bullpucky from MCM.   It usually means that they dont have the paperwork, so they want you to give it to them.   Its not what the law states they re supposed to validate or not validate and delete.   They ve gotten sued in several states for this sort of thing, have you disputed online?

Message 6 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I did do a dispute online but it came back verified...I hadn't started getting dunnings until about two months ago...the latest one being in October. I sent another DV then, and I'd sent one back in June. I didn't get any response to the first one.

Message 7 of 12
jerrod76
Valued Member

Thats a shame they verified, it would have been a lot easier of course if they hadnt.  But it doesnt really mean anything if they do validate online, all the cras do is rubber stamp what MCM tells them.    You may have to initiate litigation if you want to take it that far.  Depending of course what you want to do with the situation.   McM will walk all over you if you let them, they re just that type of company.   It sounds like their typical fcra violation.   Have you filed complaints with the bbb, ftc , or your states attorney general?   This will occasionally get results.   If you type in MCM and the word lawsuit, you ll find hundreds of examples of despicable behavior.   Then they ll hire shyster attorneys to sue you in small claims court with affidavits which are complete jokes.   Their robo-signing mills are one of the many reasons they ve been sued and sued by attorney generals across the country.

good luck though

Message 8 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Try the BBB route........Get all the document together and fired them up..............I got mine delete through this route

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 12
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

I also got mine deleted through the BBB route.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.