Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More help with Experian needed

tag
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

More help with Experian needed

Good lord, now I get a 4th request for proof of ID and Address from Experian.

This dispute started in September, here it is the end of November and they are STILL asking for proof of ID and address.

Everytime I send them something they send me back a letter saying his request could not be honored because he did not provide sufficient ID info to verify his Identity.

4 yes FOUR letters from EX wanting the same dog gone info I sent the very first time.

What more do they want? A blood and urine sample?

IMO they have failed to adhere to the 30 day time limit of the dispute process.

How do I get them to remove the accounts he disputed since they obviously wont do a legit dispute?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: More help with Experian needed

I'm curious as to what kind of the I.D. they requested? Since they're saying what they received was insufficient?

Wondering if they'd have to adhere to the 30 day dispute process if they claim they can't verify his identity?

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

They requested name, current mailing address, SS#, DOB, addresses for the past 2 yrs, gov't issued ID such as a DL. and a copy of a bill in his name or a bank statement.

I sent them:

copy of DL

a bill

SS#

Name

address new and old

bank statement AND insuarnce bill

I think I have sent them MORE then enough.

I not only sent this once, twice but THREE times via CMRRR for the SAME dispute and they STILL want more info and THEY SIGNED FOR IT so I know they got it EVERY time I sent it.

I don't know what more they want, but I want everything I disputed deleted since it has been 2 1/2 months since my initial dispute that hasn't been done.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the underlying reason for your communication with EX?

Are you making a dispute of accuracy of prior credit reporting under FCRA 611(a), or are you filing an assertion of identity theft under FCRA 605A or 605B?

If identity theft is an issue, then logically they will requrie proof of your identity.  See FCRA 605B(a)(1), for example.

I dont know what you have previously provided as proof of identity, but I would consider the following to be sufficient:

1. copy of a government-issued document, such as a copy or your driver's license, or valid U.S. passport.

2. copy of a recent utilty bill or bank statement, addressed to you, under your name, and current address.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you are disputing information in your CR, then I would suggest that you just push the CRA to the curb, ignore their demands, and just dispute directly with the party who has posted the disputed information to your CR.  You dont have to deal with the CRA as an intermediary.

As of 71/2010, you can now dispute directly with the party who posted the disptued information, and totally bypass the CRA.

See FCRA 623(a)(8) and 16 CFR 660.4

Suggested direct dispute letter, which you send directly to the party who posted the information under dispute:

“This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

► (If sent to a debt collector, (CA), it might  be beneficial to also include the blurb:

►  This is a direct dispute of your credit reporting, and is not a request for debt validation/verification  under FDCPA §809(b).
                  (don’t let them just simply sluff it off as a meaningless  DV letter)

“In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct Dispute includes:

“Identification of the specific information being disputed:

(specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under

that identifying account)

“Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or

regulatory provisions?   Or account or express agreements, or CRA reporting gudelines?  Not my account?)

“Supporting documentation:

(all documents that support your dispute;  Make sure to include,

as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your

recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was

actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule requires showing

that it appeared in your credit report, but not a copy of your entire credit report.)

“Under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(E) and 16 CFR §660.4,, you have the duty to review all of the information I have provided to you,  to complete your investigation of this Direct Dispute within 30-days of my Notice of Direct Dispute,  and report back to me the results of your investigation within 5-days after your completion of your investigtion.” 

“Should you find the disputed information to be inaccurate or incomplete, or you cannot verify the accuracy or completeness of the disputed information, you are additionally required, under FCRA 623(b)(1)(E), to promptly notify the credit reporting agencies of deletion of this information from my credit file.”

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.