cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More info needed on PFD

tag
kgibs02

More info needed on PFD

I sent my first ever PFD letter yesterday via email to Merchants Adjustment Service. Below you can see what I sent to the CA. I recieved a response stating they needed more information to i.d my account i.e address, dob, social, full account #. Social is not gonna happen and I do not have the full account number showing on my CR. What other info should I give them?

Letter I sent:

To whom it may concern,

Acct: #71090**

Balance Amount: $244

I am writing because I recently pulled my credit report and there was a collection account from your company on it. The only account number I have was the one listed and I am unsure exactly what this is from because it appears to be quite old. I would definitely like to take care of this matter providing we could come to some arrangement of how it will be reported afterwards. I simply propose in exchange for full payment of this balance you have this account removed from my credit report. If you agree please reply to this email with a letter of agreement and an address to send payment to. Upon receiving a letter of agreement to these terms I will send certified funds to you promptly. Thank you very much for your time in this matter, I will await your response.

Sincerely,

My Name

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: More info needed on PFD

@kgibs02 wrote:

I sent my first ever PFD letter yesterday via email to Merchants Adjustment Service. Below you can see what I sent to the CA. I recieved a response stating they needed more information to i.d my account i.e address, dob, social, full account #. Social is not gonna happen and I do not have the full account number showing on my CR. What other info should I give them?

Letter I sent:

To whom it may concern,

Acct: #71090**

Balance Amount: $244

I am writing because I recently pulled my credit report and there was a collection account from your company on it. The only account number I have was the one listed and I am unsure exactly what this is from because it appears to be quite old. I would definitely like to take care of this matter providing we could come to some arrangement of how it will be reported afterwards. I simply propose in exchange for full payment of this balance you have this account removed from my credit report. If you agree please reply to this email with a letter of agreement and an address to send payment to. Upon receiving a letter of agreement to these terms I will send certified funds to you promptly. Thank you very much for your time in this matter, I will await your response.

Sincerely,

My Name

They need not only your name but address as well and that is all I would give. forget their request for SSN and anything else. Its their job to know who they are reporting on.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Response from PFD

Does it appear to be a medical debt?

Did you ever receive a dunning notice?

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kgibs02 and welcome.

I deleted your second thread on this subject. This thread should be sufficient.

Message 4 of 6
kgibs02

The thread you deleted was pertaining to an different situation. Yes it too was about PFD but with a different CA, different response. In my other post that was deleted I stated the response from the PFD said they have no record of my name associated with an account. What should I do next?

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@kgibs02 wrote:

The thread you deleted was pertaining to an different situation. Yes it too was about PFD but with a different CA, different response. In my other post that was deleted I stated the response from the PFD said they have no record of my name associated with an account. What should I do next?

This thread is dealing with the same issue of no record of name, you should pose the question for that CA in this thread if its necessary. The procedure would be the same with both CAs if they are saying they have no info on your name. I would only give them your current address in addition to your name as I said previously its their job to validate the debt they are reporting. I would now proceed to give them your address with demand for validation.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.