cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More items removed and still no score change!

tag
kball64
Frequent Contributor

More items removed and still no score change!

I posted somewhere else yesterday that I had a paid collection removed (GW from Midland) from my EQ and had no score change.  Today two disputes I had with TU for collections that were not mine were deleted.  Actually I was on the phone with a TU CSR trying to find out drop off dates for a couple of items and I inquired about the disputes that were pending.  She told me the 2 items were deleted and that I would receive a notice after 5 days.  So after being told they were deleted, I coughed up the money and pulled a new TU report hoping to see a score change.  The collections are gone but no score change!  One of the unpaid collections was for $100 and the other was $537 (listed as paid).  The last reported date on both of us these was in 2007.   What's the deal!  Am I missing something here? 

With the time and money it takes to dispute these things I was hoping I'd reap some benefit.  I hope someone will chime in and let me know if I'm expecting too much or if this is normal.  Will the collections being dropped from my report make me look better to creditors despite the lack of score change?  Sorry for all the ???'s but I'm still a newbie here.

Thanks!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: More items removed and still no score change!

creditors always like clean reports.  I lost a derogatory account today and net gain, 1 point.  LOL  Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

They say that you will see a huge change when the last baddie is off... do you have more, like something rather more recently then the two you had taken off as you might have already gained those points back on for length... I sent out a DV last week to a Co for an acount that was only showing on TU under the revolving section and EX under the collections section.. the repopndaded with adding the collection to my EQ report. I only lost 1 point as the date of the collection is from 2002
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As another poster asked, Do you have other collections, baddies?

I have come to the conclusion that is the fact that you HAVE a collection that hurts more than how many, how old, how much, paid or unpaid, etc.

As long as you have collections remaining, you will see little or no score change. However, once that last one comes off, I hear you get a huge jump.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have three or more baddies, removing any baddie EXCEPT your most recent will have minimal impact on your score.
Message 5 of 8
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the replies everyone.  Yes, I have more baddies.  That explains a lot.  I am sending another round of GW's out today.  Thanks again Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheNewWorldMan wrote: If you have three or more baddies, removing any baddie EXCEPT your most recent will have minimal impact on your score.
I just had a co removed that was 7 hears old and the EX fako jumped up 27 points....... I have not checked the fiko though (waiting for money....LOL)

Message Edited by quirkypixie on 05-02-2008 08:13 AM
Message 7 of 8
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Woohoo, received a SW alert just now - "Score Watch Alert (FICO score change: + [1]"

I'll take what I can get I guess! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.