Reply
Established Member
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎08-12-2014
0

More money more problems

So, Friday I called the State of MD/CCU because they were reported on my CR and I wanted to know why if they were paid in full. The rep tells me that they would be on there for the next 7 years...really? So, I guess I want to know can I fight that and if so how do I go about that? If it was deleted will I know the difference in my score? Second issue I have, I have 18 inquries on my report and the oldest comes off in 3 months and the rest will be in 2016, can I take those off early because there hard inquries not soft and it really looks bad, what should I do? I need help! 

Established Contributor
Posts: 664
Registered: ‎06-09-2014
0

Re: More money more problems

What is the account with MD/CCU for and when was the DOFD?

The only way to dispute inquiries is if they weren't authorized or fraud. Accurate inquiries remain for 2 years.
NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14k | NFCU Flagship $14k | NFCU NavChek $10k | Barclay Rewards $1.4k | BBVA Compass $6k | Barclay US Airways $4k | Chase Freedom $3k | Diners Club Premier $5k | Bank of America $2.5k | Amazon $6k
04/01/2015 - EQ 714 | EXP 727 | TU 732
Established Member
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎08-12-2014
0

Re: More money more problems


ssondubs wrote:
What is the account with MD/CCU for and when was the DOFD?

The only way to dispute inquiries is if they weren't authorized or fraud. Accurate inquiries remain for 2 years.

Rep says insurance laps and tickets. I'm not sure when was the DOFD, I want to say 2012-13, not sure. It went into collections and he tells me they stay on for 7 years

Established Member
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎08-12-2014
0

Re: More money more problems

I do have a question, when going through a auto loan and they see what bank approves you, I'm getting hit like 5 times and I'm only dealing with one dealership, can I fight that?

Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎06-26-2014
0

Re: More money more problems

they should only count as one. they will all show but they will only count as one within a couple weeks time span as far as your score is concerned.

Established Member
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎08-12-2014
0

Re: More money more problems


kittywitty wrote:

they should only count as one. they will all show but they will only count as one within a couple weeks time span as far as your score is concerned.


Can I dispute them to be removed?

Valued Member
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎07-12-2014
0

Re: More money more problems

short answer is no.  you maybe able to ask the lenders to take them off.  but i would not count on it working.

Super Contributor
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: More money more problems


HerbieNick wrote:

kittywitty wrote:

they should only count as one. they will all show but they will only count as one within a couple weeks time span as far as your score is concerned.


Can I dispute them to be removed?


No, you provided authorization when you applied for credit at the dealer.   Anyway they'll be scored as a single inquiry by FICO.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,633
Registered: ‎01-23-2013
0

Re: More money more problems


pizzadude wrote:

HerbieNick wrote:

kittywitty wrote:

they should only count as one. they will all show but they will only count as one within a couple weeks time span as far as your score is concerned.


Can I dispute them to be removed?


No, you provided authorization when you applied for credit at the dealer.   Anyway they'll be scored as a single inquiry by FICO.


They'll be scored as one PROVIDED they're all properly coded as auto loan inquiries. You probably can't dispute them successfully, but you should check to see that they're all properly coded and ask them to be re-coded if they're not.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.