Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More open secured cards vs CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

More open secured cards vs CLIs

Hey guys,

So I've been spending the last 2 months trying to rebuild my credit. I started out at a very low 427 2/16 and have now brought it up to a 519 4/16. Last month, I opened up a secured credit card with my local credit union that has a $300 limit. I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to branch out and get more secured cards from SDFCU, NFCU or USAA or just put some more money towards the deposit on my current card. Which would help my credit score more?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More open secured cards vs CLIs

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

So I've been spending the last 2 months trying to rebuild my credit. I started out at a very low 427 2/16 and have now brought it up to a 519 4/16. Last month, I opened up a secured credit card with my local credit union that has a $300 limit. I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to branch out and get more secured cards from SDFCU, NFCU or USAA or just put some more money towards the deposit on my current card. Which would help my credit score more?

Opening a second one would help more than increasing your limit. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.