Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More questions on rebuilding credit

tag
preemiemama
Established Member

More questions on rebuilding credit

I have a few more questions if anyone can help me out. First, I understand the hipaa process can't be discussed here and I understand that. For anyone who has had sucess with it and all can you please PM me about it if possible?

Second, I applied for a car loan in July, because I considered trading my car but had second thoughts when I realized how close my VW is to being paid off. Anyways, that was in July. I am still getting letters from a finance company and the dates range from 7/21/12 to 8/4/12 and also 8/21/12. They pulled from TU and on 7/21/12 my score was 666, on 8/4/12 it was 648 and on 8/21/12 still at 648. This finance company should not still be pulling my credit at all. I have not authorized anything since July and also I signed up to monitor my TU credit report. I noticed that a few weeks ago a SECOND dealership pulled my credit! However, I only went to one dealership not two. Since I left the one in July I have not been back to any car lot for any reason, have not filled out any credit apps online, nothing. I don't know how they got my personal information to pull from a dealer I never even went to nor do they have a signed authorization to pull my credit. The only place I let them do it was that first place months ago and none since.

I need to get the hard pulls off and especially the one I never authorized. I'm not sure how to go about doing that. Do I need to write letters to the finance company who keeps sending letters? Obviously everytime they've pulled it, my score has taken hits in points and I'm trying to raise it!

I am also going to re pull my reports from Equifax and Experian and see where I stand there. This is an exhausting process that I know will pay off but it gets frusrtating at times.

Thank everyone so much for your input. I appreciate it!

Please PM me the hipaa process stuff if you can. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: More questions on rebuilding credit

Regarding the pulling of your credit reports for the dealers.  Only after you have made serious intent on buying a vehicle and have given permission for them to find financing do they have the right to pull your credit.  Now, that would be a valid reason.  I don't believe this problem is stemming from the finance company, rather it's probably coming from the dealer.  He didn't get it done the first time or two and has moved on to another.  This is not a permissable Inquiry.  I would contact the dealer first and ask if they are still working on a finance plan on you.  Secondly, I would contact who has done these Inqs and tell them to remove them as you did not authorize them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: More questions on rebuilding credit

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

We can discuss medical debts with CA here, but it's the actual steps of the hipaa process we can not.

I didnt know about the hipaa process, I used the PFD's & GW letters for my medical debts and my hubby too.

On medical debt, the DoFD is the date of medical service. 

Two important dates to know on each debt. 1)DoFD, 2) your states SOL.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.