Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More questions re large accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

More questions re large accounts

These are my biggest accounts and am wondering if I should DV them too.  I live in TX so I am passed SOL I believe.  So if i wake these giants then I get sued then I can just say they are out SOL right?

1 is for Beneficial for $5889. It was part of a BK in 05 which was dismissed.  It was placed for collection on TU April 08 with Midland Credit Mgmt Inc . Scheduled to fall of 5/11.  I'm confused about the dates since it was put back in 08.

Second is for Santander Consumer USA and is about $4800.  This was a repo and is showing to be off 7/13.  Date of first delinquency is 5/06 on one of the reports.  Can I DV this?  I have a feeling this may be the OC so I bet they validate.  I may not be able to get rid of this one!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: More questions re large accounts

If they are outside of suing SOL, you can't wake the giants.  They can't sue you.  And if they did, yes, the expired SOL defense.

I despise Santander. 

Message 2 of 3
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

Re: More questions re large accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

These are my biggest accounts and am wondering if I should DV them too.  I live in TX so I am passed SOL I believe.  So if i wake these giants then I get sued then I can just say they are out SOL right?

1 is for Beneficial for $5889. It was part of a BK in 05 which was dismissed.  It was placed for collection on TU April 08 with Midland Credit Mgmt Inc . Scheduled to fall of 5/11.  I'm confused about the dates since it was put back in 08.

Second is for Santander Consumer USA and is about $4800.  This was a repo and is showing to be off 7/13.  Date of first delinquency is 5/06 on one of the reports.  Can I DV this?  I have a feeling this may be the OC so I bet they validate.  I may not be able to get rid of this one!

I would definitely send a DV letter to Midland (CMRRR, of course). If they don't validate correctly, you can take other steps to have it removed from your CRs. With a scheduled fall off date of 5/11, it sounds like they're reporting the DOFD as 4/04. Does that sound about right? When did you first get behind in payments to them? 

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.