Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More to battle and I don't know how

tag
susanhannah
Established Member

More to battle and I don't know how

I wrote two weeks ago about my ex hacking iinto my bank accounts.  Since July 30th, I have received emails from Loan One and osme other creditorys thanking me for apllying for credit.  I have not done any such a thing and have written to them and called them telling them to stop. They will not.

It is apparent that my ex has has someone steal my identity.  How do I stop this.  Like Lock sends daily emails, about ID theft, to my fiance who is a member.  Today's email was about hackers and how once they steal yoru identify, you are pretty much "toast."  My cable/internet account, my credit cards, my checking accouts and cell phone accoutns have all been compromised and now they happen with more frequnecy.  I don't know how to keep on top of this.

THis is keping me up at night.

SusanHannah

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: More to battle and I don't know how

really sorry about your situation. Have you thought about freezing credit?
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 5
spike69
Frequent Contributor

You need to go to the police and file an identity theft report. When that is complete mail a copy to each of the credit bureaus along with an identity theft affidavit (google it- there is a standard form). A fraud alert will be added to your file so any time credit is applied for in your name the creditor must call and verify that you are truly applying for credit. 

Send the report and affidavit to any current creditors whose accounts you think they may have accessed.

good luck!

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@spike69 wrote:

You need to go to the police and file an identity theft report. When that is complete mail a copy to each of the credit bureaus along with an identity theft affidavit (google it- there is a standard form). A fraud alert will be added to your file so any time credit is applied for in your name the creditor must call and verify that you are truly applying for credit. 

Send the report and affidavit to any current creditors whose accounts you think they may have accessed.

good luck!

Agreed, this is a criminal matter and the creditors refusal to stop when you have informed them to do so is absurd.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You must do the police report in the police zoning to the zipcode you live in n shows on your credit report. Very important.

Do not forget to provide info about your ex to the police on the police report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.