Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage CR pull, shows reaging of collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage CR pull, shows reaging of collections

I met with a broker regarding getting a mortgage, and they pulled the CR. There is no DOFD field, there is only Date reported, Date of last activity,and Date opened, which none of those dates are the DOFD that was on my previous credit reports from the last few years. These are all 2005 and older accounts, but are stating open dates of 2008 and 2010. These are collection agencies reporting them - Portfolio Recovery and Arrow financial. Porfolio states the original creditor as collect america, which is not true, either. I do not have any paperwork from these two accounts from back then. AND the OCs are not reporting on my CR.

Why is there no DOFD or anything stating when these will come off my credit report?

Can I use a previous credit report to dispute with the CRAs?

Do I contact the OC to try to get info?

I have not DVed either of these, I was under the impression that in order to do that, I had to do it within a certain time period after receiving the FIRST notice, which is long ago also. Is this correct?

What are the steps I should take?

The broker said the collections should not be an issue, since my credit score is 672 - almost hitting the 680 mark where they don't require old collections to be paid off. Hope that's true, but I would still like them to report correctly on my CR.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Mortgage CR pull, shows reaging of collections

DV both of them first and see what happens.

Can you can contact the OC and find out the DoFD?

When you get the response to the DV, if you do, and the information from the OC, yes, use the old report to dispute.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.