Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Company Woes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Company Woes

Hi all,

I had a home mortgage with AHMSI and paid the mortgage in full during a home sell.  This was done on 12/30/2008.  The home mortgage was divided into two seperate loans (80/20 mortgage financing).  AHMSI is now showing that I have been late on both of these accounts all year!  I have already received a letter from the company showing that the mortgage is paid off but they are reporting that I am over 90 days late on both accounts for a $135k line of credit!

What steps can I take specifically to get this off and how long do they have to act?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Company Woes

BigCityTexan wrote:

Mostly correct. The only change would be that there is not a balance showing on the mortgage with EXP and EQU but there is a balance showing on TRANS.  All show paid/closed but each is dinging me as late payments each month since I paid it off in December, so I have a 30, 60, 90 day late on each loan for this year.  And yes I have all the paperwork to support the transaction.  I went to make a purchase and the lady ran my credit and said she couldn't even consider showing it to their lender because I had two real estate loans that are showing late for 90 days and counting!

Contact the lender and ask them to correct this. Also, ask them to fax you a letter stating that this was paid in full and closed in December 2008 and was not late for the months of Jan, Feb, etc.

One other thing to note is that I have three duplicate accounts where the accounts have been settled with the CA and show the OC as well.  Thats six hits on my creidt for the price of three!  The CA is Portfolio Recovery Associates.  Can I legally have the CA removed by the CRA as duplicate items?  The PRA documents showing the accts have been settled actually reference the OC on each one so proof of the duplication shouldn't be too hard for anyone to figure out.

The OC and the CA can both report. If you settled with the CA, then your only option is to send the CA a GW letter asking them to remove.

Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to make sure I understand:

1.  You had a home with 2 morgages.

2.  You were current on payments.

3.  You sold the home.

4.  The sale resulted in full pay off of both mortgages.

5.  You now show a current balance due on both mortgages and current lates.

6.  You have documentation/closing docs to prove both loans were paid in full.

Is this correct?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mostly correct. The only change would be that there is not a balance showing on the mortgage with EXP and EQU but there is a balance showing on TRANS.  All show paid/closed but each is dinging me as late payments each month since I paid it off in December, so I have a 30, 60, 90 day late on each loan for this year.  And yes I have all the paperwork to support the transaction.  I went to make a purchase and the lady ran my credit and said she couldn't even consider showing it to their lender because I had two real estate loans that are showing late for 90 days and counting!

One other thing to note is that I have three duplicate accounts where the accounts have been settled with the CA and show the OC as well.  Thats six hits on my creidt for the price of three!  The CA is Portfolio Recovery Associates.  Can I legally have the CA removed by the CRA as duplicate items?  The PRA documents showing the accts have been settled actually reference the OC on each one so proof of the duplication shouldn't be too hard for anyone to figure out.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BigCityTexan wrote:

Contact the lender and ask them to correct this. Also, ask them to fax you a letter stating that this was paid in full and closed in December 2008 and was not late for the months of Jan, Feb, etc.

The OC and the CA can both report. If you settled with the CA, then your only option is to send the CA a GW letter asking them to remove.

Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that stinks about the CA but nevertheless I will give the GW a try.

As for the mortgages, I can try to get this settled but AHMSI has been less than helpful as their CSRs are located in India.  I had to prove to their accounts resolution department in January that I had actually paid them via a wire transfer in December.  You would think that they would have their stuff together enough to recognize a wire transfer amounting to over $130k and not need me to prove it to them with their own paperwork!  As for the constant reporting of late payments after being paid off.........

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they won't fix it, then dispute it with the CRA that it is being incorrectly reported on.

If they don't correct it then, but verify it.....then send the lender a letter CMRRR and state that they must report accurately per FCRA. You are notifying them of their inaccurate reporting and if they fail to report accurately, it will be a willful violation of FCRA and you will seek all options available to you to correct their error.

Message 6 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

This wasn't a short sale or any other negotiated settlement was it?  I would also get a copy of the payoffs from the closing attorney/escrow company so you can send a copy of the payoff statements with the corresponding wire transfer documents.  Here is a link with a name and phone number of one of the VP's.  I think she is in a different department but it is at least a local number.  Maybe she can get you to the correct department in the US.  http://www.loansafe.org/forum/option-one-mortgage-american-home-mortgage-servicing/4708-need-address...

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, this was not a settlement or a short sale it was an honest to god payoff of a mortgage in full.  The PIF came from the actual sale of the home.  I dumped the property prior to the market going to pot so that I could realize the ~40% gain in value from an area wide real estate boom after a three year investment.  Thanks for the link.  I will try like hell today to get one of these people to talk to me today.  The biggest bummer is their Account Resolution department is a FAX ONLY office and not very responsive.  I started getting collections calls in January for the paid mortgages and had to use them to prove I had PIF.  Crazy huh?
Message 8 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

From what I saw it looks like there are A LOT of complaints about this company.  If you have been dealing with them since January then maybe you should contact the AG's office.  It also makes you wonder if the new owners have clear title??  Maybe the Title Company can get involved since their job is to make sure the new owners and the new lender has clear title.  If AHMSI is not showing the accounts paid then they probably have not recorded any releases on the property.  If they have then you could get a copy of that as just one more document to show them that it is paid and they acknowledged the PIF by releasing the liens

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, AHMSI is not a company that I would ever deal with but my original mortgage was sold to them a year or so ago.  The CSR knowledge of mortgages is poor to start with and the language barrier just compounds the problem.  I am calling the title company this morning to see if they can help with any documentation.  I have in my possession copies of the original wire transfers.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.