Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Lates with Bank Of America

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Lates with Bank Of America

I have a few mortgage lates with Bank of America while under SCRA protection from about 1 year ago.  I attempted a goodwill letter to request they be removed, however, they did not.  Now friday, I recieved a check from them with the total amounts at almost 4k stating that they apologise for not giving me the service that I deserve....I have no idea what that means, however, I would like to use this as an opportunity to have them remove the lates from my report.

They did not confess to any wrong doing..my guess is that is is a legal settlement for foreclosing on other SCRA mortgages.

Any suggestions on how to approach.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage Lates with Bank Of America

I got good results by hitting them on their social media pages -- Facebook and Twitter.  Got an immediate response, and a successful outcome, which was about 20 months' worth of 120-day lates removed from all three credit reports.

Good luck!

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

To what degree? If you don't mind me asking..what did you say on twitter/Facebook exactly?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pigeyex wrote:

I got good results by hitting them on their social media pages -- Facebook and Twitter.  Got an immediate response, and a successful outcome, which was about 20 months' worth of 120-day lates removed from all three credit reports.

Good luck!

What exactly did you say?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.