Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Score Change From EOS Collection Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Score Change From EOS Collection Removal

Question for the group.  Been reading a lot on the EOS Collections, and found some folks having success with disputing it through the BBB.  I plan to apply for a mortgage soon, but the account was paid off ($400 to National Grid) 26 months ago.  I guess my question is "Would a dispute that got confirmed update the report date?" In other words, if my dispute failed, would it cause the account to report and actually hurt my score?  It's only reporting to TU and EX, and my scores as of 8/18 were EQ 660/ TU 643 / EX 674.  My goal is to get to a 680, and this $400 is the only collection on my TU & EX but not my only baddie, as my SO charged one of my cards in May and I didn't know so it ended up being a 30-day late.  I've already tried to GW it a couple of times with no success (Cap One) and have paid my cards all to $0 except one which I paid to $150 (out of $2,000 limit), so less than 9%.  That card will report around the 15th, and my 3B Premier will update on 09/18.  One car loan at 58% of original balance ($13k left out of $22k).  Can't think of anything else to add, so wondering if folks have any idea what a collection dispute will do if it fails (obviously if it is successful then that is great, I'm wondering if TU puts more weight on collection accounts in general or recent 30-day lates).  Thoughts or helpful hints/advice?  Let me know if there's anything else I can share that will help.  Thank You!

1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage Score Change From EOS Collection Removal

Leave it alone, if it updates its going to cause a Fico score drop as it will look like a new collection to Fico.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.