Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage collections Ditech

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Mortgage collections Ditech

Ok a little background.   I had a mortgage from HSBC Benneficial, about 6 or 7 years ago they notified us that they were releasing the lean on the house and making the debt unsecured.   We also owed back taxes on the house.  I did verify verbally that with them that they had no lein on the house.

In 2014 a judgement was obtained by the person who bought the taxes to have the title transfered to them.    They never filed the paperwork to do that so in 2016 another tax buyer got the same judgement only this time they filed the paperwork with the recorders office and took title to the property.  They then sold the property.

My attorney in my divorce said he had never heard of a mortgage company releasing a lien on Real Estate and converting it to unsecured debt.   He also told me that if a lien was present it would have had to have been satisfied before the tax buyer could sell the property.

The only contact I have had since verifiying it was unsecured debt was a letter about a year ago saying Green Tree Services was the new loan servicer, and then today I get a letter from Ditech (who started showing up on my CR a couple of years ago as the creditor)  telling me if I had any complaints about their collection practices to contact them or the CFPB.

I also got a copy of what I assume is the same letter, I didn't open it, addressed to my ex wife.

The status of this account on my CR says "charged off as bad debt, profit and loss write off"

This account should drop from my CR in Nov of this year.   The SOL for a written contract in IL is 10 years so I still have a little over 3 years on that.

I plan to ignore this letter as this is the first communicatin from ditech.   Since I have never recieved a dunning notice from Ditech I am not going to worry about it till I do then I will request DV.

Sound like a plan?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage collections Ditech

If you have not gotten a dunning notice from them then I would lay low at least till after they can no longer report it.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.