cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage company gone, am I safe to dispute lates?

tag
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Mortgage company gone, am I safe to dispute lates?

I was working on a GW letter to an old Mortage Company from 2006. I did a google to see if I could find a email address and instead found this.

So if the OC is the one that verifies and reports back on a dispute to update, or verify, what happens if they never reply to the dispute?

AEGIS MORTGAGE CORPORATION

December 15, 2012

Aegis Mortgage Corporation and all of its subsidiaries and affiliates are now closed.

There are no postal or email forwarding addresses. There is no telephone number you can call for assistance.

There are no remaining offices or employees. No one is available to assist you with mortgage interest statements, employment verifications, credit reports, assignments, releases, discharges or satisfactions of deeds of trust or mortgages, or any other questions or inquires about Aegis or loans originated or serviced at any time by Aegis. 

Aegis is closed.

On August 13, 2007, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware entered Orders for Relief under Title 11 of Chapter 11 of the United States Code on behalf of Aegis Mortgage Corporation and most of its affiliated companies, including Aegis Correspondent Corporation, Aegis Funding Corporation, Aegis Home Equity, Aegis Lending Corporation and Aegis Wholesale Corporation, jointly administered under case no. 07-11119(BLS). The Aegis companies’ 2nd Amended Chapter 11 Plan was approved October 20, 2010, and became effective October 27, 2010. Aegis’s bankruptcy case was closed October 31, 2012. The final liquidation and dissolution of the Aegis companies was completed on December 15, 2012.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage company gone, am I safe to dispute lates?

I have 5 30day lates and 6  60-day lates, they will all be gone fallen off by 4/14 but since theres no one to verify my dispute would the CRB have to delete? 

From MI.

Myfico 8 scores
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 2 of 13
liesierre
Regular Contributor

interesting question. I've never done a dispute, but I'm interested to see how this pans out.

on the flip side, if theres nobody to validate it, there may also be nobody to remove it...unless the credit bureau does it.

Starting Score: EQ 633 TU ? EX 623 (lender)
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 720 EX 682
Goal Score: 720

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

CB would remove if no response to your dispute within the 30 day period...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

send  a dispute. since they are no longer around the CRA's would have to delete the TL cause they can't verify the information.

Message 5 of 13
liesierre
Regular Contributor

Oooh... so in theory it kinda sounds like a slam dunk....

Starting Score: EQ 633 TU ? EX 623 (lender)
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 720 EX 682
Goal Score: 720

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 6 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

you can't send a dv cause they are no longer in business. by doing a dispute to the cra's they would need to verify the info. if they can't verify it in 30 days they have to delete the TL's.

Message 7 of 13
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

I was willing to do a gw and cross my fingers but now I am doing a tiny happy dance! Will do a bigger one after a update or remove! And to think I was almost willing to just let them fall of! Ha! Thanks for all the input!
From MI.

Myfico 8 scores
UTL 17%
Message 8 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs are required to send a copy of the dispute to the party who furnished the information, and their response back to the CRA becomes part of basis for the CRA decision.  The CRA, through their reinvestigation, makes the final decision.

As a practical matter, the CRA usually has no indenpendent basis for reaching a determination other than what the furnisher coveys back to them, but are not required to delete simply because they dont receive a response.  The debt has an heir, so they may either receive a response from that party, or have information in their files indicating the paty now responsible for the account, and contact them.  Hard to tell.

I would suspect that, absent any response from the current responsible party, they will delete.

Message 9 of 13
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

^^ What Robert Said ^^

If the accounts from that company had any balances at all, they would have been sold to SOMEONE (ie heir). So, this is what im thinkin...

1) dispute- maybe they verify, or maybe they delete if they cant verify OR maybe the new heir didnt get all the details that werent considered important to the new heir (ex: maybe payment history was important to them, but not something obscure like the exact 'largest past balance'). so, id dispute the lates AND throw in something like that too.

2) MOV- if it comes back verified, id then go with a Method Of Validation. just because the heir has all of the info in their handy-dandy computer files doesnt mean squat if you really push the issue. ask for all copies be sent to you that was used to verify the information...premise being that maybe when they transferred ownership to the heir they didnt bother with all the old paperwork.

just my thoughts. good luck.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.