cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage company gone, am I safe to dispute lates?

tag
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage company gone, am I safe to dispute lates?

It was transfered to GMAC mort when there was still a balance so knowing that I looked up on GMAC's website ( it was transfered after this as well  in jan 2009 to Nationstar mortgage....Ocwen is not my current mortgage holder):

Effective February 1, 2013, GMAC Mortgage will no longer accept new loan applications or service existing mortgages. The company's loan origination and servicing businesses have been sold and will be operated under new ownership. GMAC Mortgage will continue to process mortgage loan applications that were submitted prior to February 1 and are in active status.

We are working hard to ensure a seamless transition for our customers. The transfer of loan servicing to a new servicer does not affect any term or condition of your mortgage documents, other than those directly related to the servicing of your loan. For loans transferred to Ocwen, there will be no immediate change to your account number or payment address; only to the name of the company to which you make your payment. For loans transferred to Green Tree, please refer to your Welcome Letter for details.

In addition, for loans transferred to Ocwen all mailing addresses and phone numbers previously used to contact GMAC Mortgage remain the same. You can use them to contact us about your loan application or to contact your servicer regarding your existing account. You will continue to be served in a knowledgeable and professional manner, just as you have in the past.

If you have questions about your account, the servicing transfer or any other concerns, please call Customer Service at 1-800-766-4622 or log into your account.

If you have questions about an in-process loan application, contact your Loan Processor. If you do not have contact information for your Loan Processor, please call 1-888-651-4622.

edited to include last mortgage holder who is not Ocwen.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 11 of 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

In a case like this I'd definitely ask for method of verification.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

One of my earlier baddies was a bank which got taken over during the 08 crash. 

I disputed their TL on my report because it was a duplicate entry (Somehow the CRA listed the account twice.  Once under the old bank name and once under the new bank's name).

Low and behold though, the won all those disputes.  One by one the CRA's (All three) deleted the entries.

I think nobody responded to the CRA's requests to verify.

No all would be 8+ years old anyway but they all came off before the 7 year mark.

I think sometimes when a business goes under or is taken over, sometimes accounts just get lost in the transition.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.