Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage help

Hey guys new member here. I am bouncing back from many credit mistakes from years back. I typically use credit karma and other free resources available (capital one, discover). I also used lexington law firm to get off what i could. My creidt scores on CK are 640 or so, but my mortage scores are 650 to 680 (APPLIED for FHA). I know typically the mortgage scores are lower than your typical credit score. Upon further investigation by my loan officer for fha she isnt seeing some of the negative items that lexington law is seeing reported, furthermore credit karma and capital one credit wise also dont see this particular item being reported. It is an old collection from portfolio recovery to those who wouod like a reference as to what im talking about. So i assume since the loan offocer didnt see that when she pulled my credit that , that would account for the higher mortage scores. Im most worried abiut them pulling my credit before closing (about 5 months from now) and the old account popping up on her credit pull and lowering my scores to only disqualify me. Any advice is much appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage help

Don't borrow trouble.  If it shows up, address it.

That said worth doing some research on the CA in question so if it does come up you already have a plan in place to address it; hopefully someone can give you specifics for this particular one.

Also, mortgage scores aren't guarunteed to be lower, anecdotally something like 1/3 of people have higher scores on a mortgage app than the FICO 8 scores found here and elsewhere for monitoring.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im just hoping someone can explain why iys not showing up for mortgage tri pull or credit karma or Capital one credit wise but it shows up on lexington law firm
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Im just hoping someone can explain why iys not showing up for mortgage tri pull or credit karma or Capital one credit wise but it shows up on lexington law firm

Trimerge is reference, hard to say where LL got their data from, could be from an older report for example.  FWIW I also would trust CK or C1's monitoring solution over LL as far as report data goes.

End of the day your mortgage is dependent on the trimerge, and none of the other sites matter, so go off that.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.