Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage payment being late---

tag
zaqxsw
Established Member

Mortgage payment being late---

I have a 30 day late mortgage payment and a 60 day late mortgage payment that are 15 and 16 months ago.

Obviously, score was crushed. 700ish to 580ish

When do those late payments become obsolete? 24 months of age?

I understand that they lessen with time and on time payments but score is only barely above 620 with all accounts paid on time.

Thanks in advance

Ps....to all....no matter what, dont let the mortgage be 1 day late---EVER

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
germese1975
Regular Contributor

Re: Mortgage payment being late---

Man, you aren't kidding! I haven't lived in the house since 2010. I had to move due to a military change of station. The rent I could get for the house was $400 less than the mortgage payment. I kept it up until my first renter moved out. There was about month and a half lapse between renters, so it went behind. Then I decided to do a short sale, since I was never going to move back there and the housing market hadn't improved. But of course, in order for federal assistance in a short sale, the house had to be 90 days behind... So here I am, 90 days behind, but making payment every month to keep it at 90, trying to short sale a house. My score is sucking big time!

Gardening as of: 23 JUL 2017 / FICO 8 (As of 14 Jul 2017): EQ: 663, TU: 723, EX: 680

Message 2 of 3
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Mortgage payment being late---

Lates don't become obsolete until 7 years.  If you mean, when will they not hurt as much:  it depends on a lot of other factors. 

I think when doing a short sale, lates should be updated to reflect PAID b/c you are forced to wait until you are 90 days behind.  Just isn't right!!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.