Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage reporting after bankruptcy

tag
vantucky
New Visitor

Mortgage reporting after bankruptcy

I finished a CH 13 and am cleaning up my credit reports.

During the CH 13, the bank who was servicing my mortgage was taken over by the FDIC and the loan was transferred to another servicer.  Mortgage payments were made outside the plan, but from what I understand the debt was discharged and can be reported as such, even though I'm current and still paying, which in my opinion is crappy.  Anyhow:

The current servicer says they plan to start reporting me as current and pays as agreed once the CH 13 is closed, which happened last week.  Discharge was earlier in the year.  This is good. Smiley Happy

The original server is reporting the debt as included in CH 13, with a $0 balance, but also says transferred/sold.  I think they should also indicate that it was PIF.  Seems to me like its wrong, but not sure if I can do anything.  I disputed but it came back as verified.

Should I care? Not sure if it matters since the same loan will be reported by the current servicer positively soon.  The original services does not report any payment history, just the status.

Any thoughts are appreciated, just trying to get my scores as high as possible post BK.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Mortgage reporting after bankruptcy

Any debt that is transferred/sold has to show a 0 balance because they no longer own it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.