Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion to Vacate Paid Judgement

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Motion to Vacate Paid Judgement

I have information that may benefit you.  When I responded earlier to your posts I was unaware of this.  I am a retiree and was recently awarded a 60% disablity. 

When you have to go to a non VA emergency room,  VA Fee Basis pays for it.  They pay like Tricare, the hospital takes what they give them if they accept VA.  Also, Fee Basis is supposed to take care of the bills in a timely manner.  They are also bound by federal law not to let negative information impact a veterans CR.  If it does, they are to have it removed.

A judgment should have never happened.

Contact the VA Fee Basis Office ASAP.

There is also a site called the Veterans Benefit Network that is awesome.  Many of the moderators and administrators work for the VA now or have in the past.  There are many forums to get information from.  I can't remember specifically which one you need to use but if you post in the wrong area they will move it to the correct one.  Sign up for an account.

Message 21 of 24
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Hi Guiness56,

Yes, this was all supposed to be handled via Fee Basis. They paid for all of the other services, but apparently this one bill kept slipping through the cracks. I would call the folks in Ann Arbor at the VA who handled Fee Basis issues, and they would say "Don't pay them anything. It's been handled. We will take care of it."

This went on for months and months.

I will look into the Veterans Benefit Network, and I appreciate the info!

I'm sure you know how exhausting it can be to be trapped between two behemoth systems. I would sure like to get this remedied, but I'm just not sure I even have the strength to deal with it anymore.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 22 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I'd be sending them copies of the judgment and let them know since they didn't pay you ended up with this against you.

Actually, from my understanding, the veteran is not even supposed to receive dunning notices.  They are to go directly to the VA.

I honestly believe you can get this rectified. 

Good luck.

Message 23 of 24
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

OK this thread got me looking into my judgement!!

It was hand delivered, I signed nothing, and it had my maiden name and a previous address on it.

My question to the OP is , since mine  file oct/11 and is now over 1 yr. Any headway on yours??  I wonder how strict they are about the 1 yr rule.

No mine is not paid and I have not had or made any contact with the attorney.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.