cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved 148 Points in 6 months. Pushing ahead strong for another 152 points.

tag
R3VOLUTION

Moved 148 Points in 6 months. Pushing ahead strong for another 152 points.

Hello. 

In October 2013 my CS was a 402. By some grace of god I was able to get an auto loan without 80% down with that score. 

Steps I took:

1. Filed via Equifax dispute 4 months straight to get things removed from my credit. Went from 52 negatives to 41. 
  2. After that stopped working, I set up with Lexington Law to have them start filing for me monthly to remove my negatives. Currently moved from 41 Negatives to 39.
  3. Paid the extremely large auto loan perfect ($600+ loan), early, and a fair bit extra.
  4. Caught up 5 student loan accounts.

As of 4/21/2014 my CS is 548. 

Next Steps:

1. Of my 4 charged off accounts, I have paid in full 2 of them, and paid the third down 50% with the remainder happening in the next two weeks. The fourth account is enormous, and will be settled within the next month. 
  2. Due to circumstances outside of my control and not wanting to pay 15K in interest on a car loan, my auto loan will be fully paid off this month. 
  3. Opened a credit card for the first time in 4 years, will keep UTL under 10% and payments regular and extra.
  4. Both of my parents will be adding me as an authorized user on a few of their card which should up my utilization through the ceiling. 

Any other suggestions in regard to moving my score up above 700? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Moved 148 Points in 6 months. Pushing ahead strong for another 152 points.

Just left you a PM

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 6
R3VOLUTION

Responded.

Here's a big question:

Once an account is paid off/paid in full (obviosuly in full is better) whats the best action to get the charge off account removed from your report?

Message 3 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on your progress  Smiley LOL

On your remaing 41 negatives

If you have charged off accounts with balances you may want to sent out  PFD letters

if you have accounts with lates you may want to send out Good Will letters

Message 4 of 6
R3VOLUTION

Sending goodwill letter to all accounts with lates, as well as to my two accounts paid in full asking they be removed. My two still open I will send PFD letters to as soon as I have the cash to actually hold up my end of the bargain. 

Message 5 of 6
R3VOLUTION

Moved up another 8 points with a payment on one of my cards!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.