Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving CC limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving CC limits

Hey myFICO,

I've been following this forum for a few months now (Generic first poster sentence I know)... I was originally a CK member until I learned of the FAKO crisis. Hopped on board with myFICO and havent looked back. Not sure of the easiest place to put my credit info so i'll start with that. I guess I need more posts for the signature to upload the CC info.

*Main post question is the last paragraph, ended up with alot of fluff in this post.... Sorry!*

Credit scores as of 1/5/2017 report:

648 EQ <--- 646 in August

674 TU <--- 650 in August

655 EX <--- 645 in August

Deroggatories:

1 Credit Card 30 day late payment reporting across all 3 bureaus in April of 2015

2 Mortgage 30 day late payments recording across all 3 bureaus. 1 in April of 2015, 1 in December of 2015. (Sent Goodwill letters early this week for these... Fingers crossed!!)

Credit Utilization:

40% EQ

39% TU

40% EX

Oldest account was opened 6 years 10 months ago

Average age of accounts 3 years 2 months

I have 3 BoA CC's, one was my first ever secured card that still has a $300 limit and $0 balance (I never use this card, but its my 2nd oldest). Havent ever tried an increase before now that I think about it. Worried to ask now as I know BoA does a hard pull.

Another is my Cash Rewards Platinum Plus with a $2000 limit. (Which I rarely ever use either)

Lastly is the newest which is a Platinum Plus Mastercard I got for a balance transfer from a high interest rate card. $3500 limit with $3361 on it. Paying minimum payments right now following my debt avalanche method. (CC debt free in December!!)

This post is for the BoA cards, I heard that with cards in the same company you are able to move around limits. Should I attempt to move some of the credit lines from the 2 cards that I dont use, to the Balance Transfer card?  In order to make the 96% utilization down to the 60's? Is this even possible? And if so, would it be beneficial for me to try a limit increase on the measley $300 limit card first?

I commend you if you read that entire post! Thanks for all the help guys and gals! Heres to chasing the 800 club!!! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving CC limits

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey myFICO,

I've been following this forum for a few months now (Generic first poster sentence I know)... I was originally a CK member until I learned of the FAKO crisis. Hopped on board with myFICO and havent looked back. Not sure of the easiest place to put my credit info so i'll start with that. I guess I need more posts for the signature to upload the CC info.

*Main post question is the last paragraph, ended up with alot of fluff in this post.... Sorry!*

Credit scores as of 1/5/2017 report:

648 EQ <--- 646 in August

674 TU <--- 650 in August

655 EX <--- 645 in August

Deroggatories:

1 Credit Card 30 day late payment reporting across all 3 bureaus in April of 2015

2 Mortgage 30 day late payments recording across all 3 bureaus. 1 in April of 2015, 1 in December of 2015. (Sent Goodwill letters early this week for these... Fingers crossed!!)

Credit Utilization:

40% EQ

39% TU

40% EX

Oldest account was opened 6 years 10 months ago

Average age of accounts 3 years 2 months

I have 3 BoA CC's, one was my first ever secured card that still has a $300 limit and $0 balance (I never use this card, but its my 2nd oldest). Havent ever tried an increase before now that I think about it. Worried to ask now as I know BoA does a hard pull.

Another is my Cash Rewards Platinum Plus with a $2000 limit. (Which I rarely ever use either)

Lastly is the newest which is a Platinum Plus Mastercard I got for a balance transfer from a high interest rate card. $3500 limit with $3361 on it. Paying minimum payments right now following my debt avalanche method. (CC debt free in December!!)

This post is for the BoA cards, I heard that with cards in the same company you are able to move around limits. Should I attempt to move some of the credit lines from the 2 cards that I dont use, to the Balance Transfer card?  In order to make the 96% utilization down to the 60's? Is this even possible? And if so, would it be beneficial for me to try a limit increase on the measley $300 limit card first?

I commend you if you read that entire post! Thanks for all the help guys and gals! Heres to chasing the 800 club!!! 

It's going to be tough being approved for a CLI with high utilization. You should call them and ask them the question.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving CC limits

Thanks for the reply Donny! I will be calling BoA to see the best course of action!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.