Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving on uuupppp!

tag
KORN
New Contributor

Moving on uuupppp!

Well, I've been fixing my credit since October 2013.  I have been able to reduce my collection acounts debt from $6,367 to $586 (Equifax was worst).  Macy's credit card is the $586 and is the most difficult!  They did not want to do anything about it!  I wanted to pay it off completely and reopen the account but it's supposed to be coming off sometime in 2015.  I do not mind i guess!!  So the two closed accounts are Macy's at $586 and Capital One which is at $0 but both are negative and should be coming off soon.

January 2014 I applied for a Capital One secured credit card and got $200 limit with a $99 deposit and $29 annual fee.  I have been on time with payments, made triple the minimum payments and also pay it off to a zero balance.  So pretty much I buy something from a place that can be anywhere from $50-200 and I either pay it off or take two months to do so!

March 2014 I applied for the Amazon Store card since I like to get stuff from there and decided it would be something I can really use!  I was accepted right away with a $600 limit.  I have already made a payment for half the amount before the first statement came in. 

I'm wondering if I should just stick with these two cards until my credit is over 700 or is there another card I can get to help boost my score even more.

I'd really like to qualify for the 0% APR on a new car and know that I would need a top notch score for that!  So looking to get it end of the year beginning of next.

The only score I am really able to keep track of is Experian and right now it's 656!!  I know that's low, but i swear it was so bad i never thought I would never see the 600's lol

Barclay$1450/Cap1 QuickSilver1 $1300/BofA $1,000/ChaseAmazon $1,000/Amazon $2500/Old Navy $800/REDcard $800/Walmart $600/PayPal $1900/Game Stop $350-5/8/14 638..8/12/14 696..10/2/14 712
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Moving on uuupppp!

Looking good congrats 

So were moving on up ....happy dance from the moving on up master 

Edit forgot to add 2 cards are enough to build a good history and scores 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Moving on uuupppp!

Macys wont re-open a closed CO account, no bank does. You need to have 3 revolving bankcards at minimum to maximize your FICO scores. I would however wait till you have 6 good months of history reporting on your Cap-1 before you go for the other 2 bankcards at that time you may be able to qualify for unsecured ones.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.