Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to the Garden...

tag
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

Moving to the Garden...

I've recently had some luck getting a new CC with the highest limit of any of my revolving accounts, and <10% UTI on everything, so I'm going to garden now.

I've contacted all of my CA's, and some agreed to PFD, some didn't, but all are paid in full anyway. 

My question is this:

What is the best way to go about getting the accounts that refused to delete off my report sooner than letting them age? They've already said they refuse to delete, so I don't think they would accomodate a GW. Can I dispute thru the CRA's? I've heard that CA;s generally have no reason to respond to disputes on accounts paid in full, so they don't, and the CRA removes.

Thoughts? I apologize in advance if I'm not supposed to ask this question.

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Moving to the Garden...

@xsvspd wrote:

I've recently had some luck getting a new CC with the highest limit of any of my revolving accounts, and <10% UTI on everything, so I'm going to garden now.

I've contacted all of my CA's, and some agreed to PFD, some didn't, but all are paid in full anyway. 

My question is this:

What is the best way to go about getting the accounts that refused to delete off my report sooner than letting them age? They've already said they refuse to delete, so I don't think they would accomodate a GW. Can I dispute thru the CRA's? I've heard that CA;s generally have no reason to respond to disputes on accounts paid in full, so they don't, and the CRA removes.

Congrats to your success Smiley Happy

GW is best route, can dispute thru CRAs if there is a prob with the way it reports.

Message 2 of 4
wallstreet177
Contributor

I would just GW them unitl it falls off.  Try mailing to different address.  Get email address and names of CEO's/presidents/VP's.  Since they are all paid, GW's cant hurt.  And hopefully someone will get tired of your mail and delete. lol

Message 3 of 4
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@xsvspd wrote:

My question is this:

Just because they turned down PFD doesn't mean they won't do GW removal.   Also, you might reach different people through GW.  There's no harm in trying to GW, so I'd recommend that and wish you luck.

The TOS of the forums discourages disputing accurate information with the CRAs.  However, if the TLs didn't update properly, then you should dispute. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.