Established Contributor
Crossdivided

Multiple CA Effects

Yet another one for the pros.....

Is there a "threshold" for number of collections on a report that 1-2 more or 1-2 less would make almost no difference to a score?

Specifically, I have 6 collections on EQ. 2 of them are small (36.00 and 60.00) that I intend to PFD (both past SOL). Id assume that removing 2 would have alot less of an impact leaving 4 still there vs them being the only 2 listed and leaving none.

The other 4 will have to wait for drop off (2-3 more years). They are more than im likely to be able to pay (can always cross fingers but doubtful).

Any guesses as to if going from 6 to 4 (or 5) will have much of an effect at all? I havent been able to find any simulators out there that will let a user get that specific.

This is more credit education for me than anything else. Im attempting the PFDs anyway.

As always, thanks!

guiness56

Re: Multiple CA Effects

[ Edited ]

That is a good question and I think it may be hard to answer.

My daughter's CR contained all negative information, 8 collections and COs. Everything was newly reported, less than 2 years old.  Nothing positive on her account and a very short credit history.  She still had a 578 FICO.

My CR had 14 collections and COs, many of them older, like at 7 years.   I had 24 accounts in good standing, some paid and closed. 12 year credit history.  My score was 404.

To this day I still don't get it lol.

I do know, the higher your score the bigger impact negatives have.

Established Contributor
Crossdivided

Re: Multiple CA Effects

WOW lol thats crazy.

Oh well, paying those 2 for under 100 bucks total with or without an accepted PFD is worth it just for the GW possibilities. Especially since they would be pd at 100% and not settled. I doubt very seriously they would fight me much for those amounts if I hound them like im a CA (haha). Ill just GW them every 2-3 weeks after PIF until they get tired of me.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}