cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple CLI Hard Hit Inquiries Count as One?

tag
daudi81
Valued Member

Multiple CLI Hard Hit Inquiries Count as One?

I was told a CLI on my cards might help raise my score. So I requested a CLI from Bank of America. The person told me it wasn't going to be a hard hit, but then I just got an alert on my score watch that they did indeed do a hard hit. Out of all the cards I got a CLI from, BoA was the only one - and iorincally a card I rarely use - go figure.

I do have a couple other cards from banks that I actually do need a CLI from - but don't want anymore hard inquires. However, since I already have this one sitting on my report from BoA - will it count as one? Similar to when getting an auto / mortgage loan - multiple inquries within a certain time frame only count as one.

Is this the same thing with credit cards?

Thanks

Adam B

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Multiple CLI Hard Hit Inquiries Count as One?

No.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple CLI Hard Hit Inquiries Count as One?

@daudi81 wrote:

I was told a CLI on my cards might help raise my score. So I requested a CLI from Bank of America. The person told me it wasn't going to be a hard hit, but then I just got an alert on my score watch that they did indeed do a hard hit. Out of all the cards I got a CLI from, BoA was the only one - and iorincally a card I rarely use - go figure.

I do have a couple other cards from banks that I actually do need a CLI from - but don't want anymore hard inquires. However, since I already have this one sitting on my report from BoA - will it count as one? Similar to when getting an auto / mortgage loan - multiple inquries within a certain time frame only count as one.

Is this the same thing with credit cards?

Thanks

Adam B

Nope, not the same as auto financing.  Every HP counts as one.  And just to be clear the whole auto financing inquiry counting as 1 is misleading. Counts as 1 for FICO scoring only.  They still show as individual inquiries and if a credit card company or anyone pulls your credit all of the injuries are counted, especially if it's done by a computer.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.