cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Collections from same CA - Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Collections from same CA - Help!

Hello all-

I'm looking for some advice on my credit repair journey.  I plan to finance a new car in 30-60 days and want to try to hit the 700's to get the best APR.  Current scores surprised me actually and are EX 655 / EQ 672 / TU 650.

Here is the real deal - I have 11 open medical collections from 2010-2012 all with the same CA - CBE for ~$5000.  I also have a judgement from 2008 which is due to drop in 10 months. 

I contacted the OC a few days ago and they said my account is current but bad debts are listed for about $3000 from 2010-2012.  Obviously there is a big discrepancy between what the OC shows and what the CA is reporting.  The OC said they are still willing to accept payment in full (which I can make).  I requested defail of the $3000 in bad debts from the OC and they are mailing it to me.  I'm going to line them up with the CBE collections and try to match them up.

Do you have any advice?  Why the difference from the OC and the CA?  And after I pay them, what is the best approach to get them removed from my credit reports?  PFD or just pay and dispute each collection item with each CRA?  

Thanks for your help!! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Multiple Collections from same CA - Help!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all-

I'm looking for some advice on my credit repair journey.  I plan to finance a new car in 30-60 days and want to try to hit the 700's to get the best APR.  Current scores surprised me actually and are EX 655 / EQ 672 / TU 650.

Here is the real deal - I have 11 open medical collections from 2010-2012 all with the same CA - CBE Group for ~$5000 from discovery of a pretty serious medical condition.  I also have a judgement from 2008 for $2300 which is due to drop in 10 months. 

I contacted the OC a few days ago and they said my account is current but bad debts are listed for about $3000 from 2010-2012.  Obviously there is a big discrepancy between what the OC shows and what the CA is reporting.  The OC said they are still willing to accept payment in full (which I can make).  I requested defail of the $3000 in bad debts from the OC and they are mailing it to me.  I'm going to line them up with the CBE collections and try to match them up.

Do you have any advice?  Why the difference from the OC and the CA?  And after I pay them, what is the best approach to get them removed from my credit reports?  PFD or just pay and dispute each collection item with each CRA?  

Thanks for your help!! 

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

The CA is most likely hitting you with fees and interest over the OC. You have so many of these I would recommend you Google search the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, we cannot discuss it on this board.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.