cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Inquiries--- aren't they supposed to be grouped?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Inquiries--- aren't they supposed to be grouped?

Hi there- I had a group of inquiries back in May, 2014 when I purchased my current car and was looking for financing, and a group of recent inquiries in the last month related to a mortgage application.

My question stems from Equifax.  When I look at my report- it lists every single one of the auto inquires and the mortgage inquires.  Do they group them for scoring purposes?  I'm wondering if this is the reason my Equifax score is about 60 points lower than TU and Experian, which are within 5 points of each other.    Can anyone lend advice about how to approach this topic with Equifax? 

I'll probably just let May roll around and the auto ones fall off from May 2014.  My understanding is that inquiries only stay on two years. You better believe if the CRAs to make those May 2014 ones go away, I'll be calling them.  But in the meantime, should I call and ask if they are scoring the close in time inquires as one?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Inquiries--- aren't they supposed to be grouped?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there- I had a group of inquiries back in May, 2014 when I purchased my current car and was looking for financing, and a group of recent inquiries in the last month related to a mortgage application.

My question stems from Equifax.  When I look at my report- it lists every single one of the auto inquires and the mortgage inquires.  Do they group them for scoring purposes?  I'm wondering if this is the reason my Equifax score is about 60 points lower than TU and Experian, which are within 5 points of each other.    Can anyone lend advice about how to approach this topic with Equifax? 

I'll probably just let May roll around and the auto ones fall off from May 2014.  My understanding is that inquiries only stay on two years. You better believe if the CRAs to make those May 2014 ones go away, I'll be calling them.  But in the meantime, should I call and ask if they are scoring the close in time inquires as one?

Thanks in advance!

Normal. They are "grouped" simply for FICO scoring purposes, they will still appear on your report as individual inquiries.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.