Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple credit inquiries from applying to purchase a vehicle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple credit inquiries from applying to purchase a vehicle

I am so upset. I went to Kia to see if I could get a vehicle and they apparently ran my credit SIX times! I now have a total of 8 hard inquiries on my report so now not only has my score dropped but also I think with so many inquiries I will be denied for a credit card or anything else I try and apply for. Is there anything I can do? I signed a paper to allow a credit check but why did they do 6 !? Also, I didn't get the vehicle because although they offered to sell me the one I wanted the payments were going to be $520 a month for six years! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple credit inquiries from applying to purchase a vehicle

@Anonymous wrote:

I am so upset. I went to Kia to see if I could get a vehicle and they apparently ran my credit SIX times! I now have a total of 8 hard inquiries on my report so now not only has my score dropped but also I think with so many inquiries I will be denied for a credit card or anything else I try and apply for. Is there anything I can do? I signed a paper to allow a credit check but why did they do 6 !? Also, I didn't get the vehicle because although they offered to sell me the one I wanted the payments were going to be $520 a month for six years! 

Fortunately all those inquiries, if coded correctly as vehicle purchase inquiries, will only count as one inquiry when your score is calculated. However they do remain visible.  I bought a car in 2015 and it happened to me also. The inquries are due to fall off this year for me.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.