cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple recent address changes affect credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple recent address changes affect credit?

I moved on NYD from a place I had lived for almost 3 years. I'm moving again in two weeks. I'll be at that place for two months. Hopefully by then, I'll be in my own house. There is a method to my madness, but would muliple recent address changes hurt my scores?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Multiple recent address changes affect credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

I moved on NYD from a place I had lived for almost 3 years. I'm moving again in two weeks. I'll be at that place for two months. Hopefully by then, I'll be in my own house. There is a method to my madness, but would muliple recent address changes hurt my scores?

They are not factored into any score. An underwriter may ask why you are moving so frequently

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I moved to help out family and then moving back to Dallas. I'm hoping to buy my house in the next two months while I'm living in a place temporarily.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I moved to help out family and then moving back to Dallas. I'm hoping to buy my house in the next two months while I'm living in a place temporarily.

Well if its a family address that you are leaving and moving to a temp location briefly I might not even update my address to the temp one and leave it at the current address. You can get statements via online and if you trust who lives there they may not be a problem with this.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.