Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must read if you have a Drivetime repo on CR

tag
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Re: Must read if you have a Drivetime repo on CR

@Anonymous wrote:

Dragonfly what did your letters to drivetime state? Or did you send then to all credit reporting agencies? 

Hi, Sandy.  Sorry for the late reply.  Below is the letter I sent to Drivetime after I found out about the CFPB order that was issued.  I hope it helps.

Dear Recovery Manager:

This letter is with regard to erroneous information that you have been reporting to Equifax regarding the above account.

First, you are reporting it as a repossession when, in fact, it was a voluntary surrender as part of the Chapter 13 bankruptcy I filed in 2010. Second, you also re-aged the account to make it appear as though the repossession had recently occurred, which had a negative impact on my credit file. In accordance with the Consent Order #2014-CFPB-0017, Section V (Conduct Provisions), Paragraph 61.g.iv, issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, you are required to remove this information from my credit file with Equifax.

If you do not immediately comply with the aforementioned Consent Order, I will file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau informing them of your noncompliance. Upon your compliance with the Consent Order I request that you inform me in writing of same.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody think that the accounts that they have suppressed on TU will magically show back up?
Message 22 of 26
Ottley
New Contributor

Dragonfly,

Where and who did you send the letter?

TIA

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a repo from drivetime from August of 2014 and it was removed from my credit in February 2015 without me doing anything I've just been monitoring it. But now it's back on all three reports, has anyone else experienced this?
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am having this issue right now with Drivetime.  They sold me a crappy car. I have spoke to them about it and they won't help me.  

Now I have falling behind on my payments due to paying for all kinds of repairs on the car.  So they are contacting me at work 6 to 7 times a day and at home.  I have asked them to stop calling me at work, but they don't listen. I want  them to just come and get the car and get out of my life. They are rude and threaten you like crazy.  Please help, thank you.

Message 25 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I am having this issue right now with Drivetime.  They sold me a crappy car. I have spoke to them about it and they won't help me.  

Now I have falling behind on my payments due to paying for all kinds of repairs on the car.  So they are contacting me at work 6 to 7 times a day and at home.  I have asked them to stop calling me at work, but they don't listen. I want  them to just come and get the car and get out of my life. They are rude and threaten you like crazy.  Please help, thank you.

In order to get a creditor to stop calling you at a number you have to send them a Cease and Desist in writing thru the mail. The OP if this thread hasnt been online in a while and the thread is over a year old now so I am going to close it to further comments. If you want to get further info on this you might consider starting your own thead on this. Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.