Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 12 Month Chapter 7 Rebuild Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 12 Month Chapter 7 Rebuild Story

Hello Everyone

II wanted to thank everyone on the forum for there time and advise to help others like my self

My story is this im a year since i filed for chapter 7 as of 12-15-2016 i got into filing due to a house problem. i bought a house and after owning it 4 years it needed major work done to it. i know it would of been easier to walk away but when you have a child she is now 5 as of this July needs a home to live in and and be functional you will do what you have to do.

i did read the post i think its from bk to 700 in 24 months and bk friendly cards part 2

who i burned in bk

chase sapphire $ 10,000

citi diamond preferred black card $ 10,000

citi sears $ 10,000

sears store $ 3,000

amex blue clear card $ 2,000

discover it $ 4,500

one main financial $ 12,000

as of current the house is ok.

currently i only have one card a capitol one it was a platinum then 3 months in got pc'd to a silver always ask every time you call for any available offers or anything your eligible for helps. i got 6 months into my chapter 7 it started with a $ 300 dollar limit then into 3 months i applied for a increase it was only $ 100 it was something now as of the 13th of this December it went to $ 750. i waited six months to apply for something due to right after i was checking my reports and making sure things straighten them self's out and from what i seen things can take awhile.

i tried to apply for Barclay's after they sent me like 25 pre approved offers with codes offers since September no luck they claim they want to see more payment history so im going to be a pita to there recon department to see if they can over turn it. i was waiting six months to apply for something else.

tried with bofa no luck after i tried there pre approval and it recommenced something.

tried with the quick silver from capitol one no luck i called there recon department and they sent it to the back office for a manual review

tried with capital one again no luck with the venture which was no inquiry hit

my future goals is to keep building and looking for advise and suggestions and reading these foums

next im going to try for a secure installment loan say $ 1,200 from a local credit union

maybe a car loan from them as well just have to see how things go.

do have have a car loan but i didn't reaffirm it i decided to pay on it till i can get something else. there bk department did say they will take a cash offer on it and have it go through there department manger for a approval. this might help as a trade in if a dealership gives them a offer.

any suggestions feel free to message me or comment

current FICO scored from the Ultimate 3B report as of 12-14-2016

Equifax 590

TransUnion  578

Experian  598

Thanks for reading

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My 12 Month Chapter 7 Rebuild Story

Below are several threads which may be of some interest, and at least, good reading & great information.

I was totally clueless about credit unions, and also their willingness to help.  Some are very BK friendly, and some also help one grow with credit line increases, which one wants to increase in parallel with Fico scores.

* myself, I was a Ch 13

PenFed could be of interest for a regular credit card, and State Department FCU for a secured credit card.

Best Wishes!

HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/m-p...

Official Credit Unions Guide
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Official-Credit-Unions-Guide/td-p/4768788

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share   (PenFed)
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/m-...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My 12 Month Chapter 7 Rebuild Story

Thanks Sebastian503

i apprecate the infomation and your reply.

fully understandable there andmany places or companies aint bk friendly. i heard of credit unions i wasnt sure what they where about all i heard was something maybe be easier to get through them.

i seen alot about penfed on these fourms ill try them and see how it goes .ill also check out state department  fcu.

i keep up with the from bk7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less its a great Post

ill check out the other links.

best of luck to you also

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.