cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My AOAA hurting my score. How will AU effect my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My AOAA hurting my score. How will AU effect my score?

my past credit choices reached a whole new level of EPIC FAIL! I always had good intentions to pay my debts but did not have the knowledge to make good financial choices. The result is several rehabbed student loans, and old charge offs and collections. For the last three years I have created a more positive credit history but the flaws of my past are doomed to haunt me for at least 2 more years.

my question is, If I could be added to someone's high limit credit card as an AU, that has been paid off every month in full and is more than 20 yrs old, would that possibly boost my credit score? My understanding is that AOAA is important, as well as a higher credit limit. How much could that help or hurt my score?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Re: My AOAA hurting my score. How will AU effect my score?

It should boost your score...but don't expect great results until you get your baddies off. Either way, its a good decision. Just make sure that the card reports to the bureaus (some banks don't report). 

Message 2 of 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: My AOAA hurting my score. How will AU effect my score?

Keys to AU helping 

1) the account you're being added to has low utilization, and limit higher than your personal cards.

2) the account you're being added to has an older age than your oldest personal card, which then boosts your AAOA

3) Knowing the AU account will report to all your reports.

4) You're really a relative of the AU account owner.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.