cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Crazy Rebuild. 100k in TL's in 100 days!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Crazy Rebuild. 100k in TL's in 100 days!!

Hey Guys,

So now that I consider my rebuild officially over and time to let the garden grow, here's my unbelievable to me run.

I started 2015 with a 520 fako and defaulted student loans in the process of being rehabbed. My rehab finished in May and then navient picked up my loans.

I had NO revolving credit or cards in my name. I was an AU on two cards that were reporting but that was it. A 5k SL Chase Freedom, and a 5k SL BOA card.

Here's how it all started:

In early June I got a mailer for a pre approved Capital One Platinum Card. It had no AF and I knew I wanted to slowly (looking back at this and chuckling) build credit.

So I went online entered the mailer code and boom - approved for 3k SL. I thought I was gonna get like a 500 limit so I was amazed.

I bought a few things and PIF. I still have the cash is king mentality that I have lived with since last having a credit card in 2006.

Total CL's = 3k.

August was still a slower buildup. I got a mailer for a pre approved USAA WWP Mastercard. - Figured why not, - instant approved for 5k SL. Aug 11th.

Total CL's - 8k.

Then I found this site, learned about prequals, reconning etc and the rest is history.

I read about the Amex Plat offer with a bonus 100k MR points and apped using that link and approved for that on Aug 27th.

I'm not counting this in the CL's bc its a charge card, but the travel bonus is nice.

In September things exploded...

On Sept 1st I hit the "luv" button on my Capital One Platinum card and was bumped from 3k to a 5k SL.

Total CL's = 10k

On Sept 2nd I went to the Chase Prequal site, was prequalled for Slate and Freedom, and selected Chase Slate. Instant approved for 5k.

Total CL's = 15k

On Sept 4th I went to the Capital One Prequal Site - Was prequalled for Venture One and Quicksilver.. - Picked Quicksilver - Instant approved for 5k.

Total CL's = 20k

Also spoke with online chat at Capital One and had my platinum account PC'd to Venture One.

Honestly I thought I was done then... But between this site and watching my fako scores going up. I figured I would keep trying.

On Sept 17th I checked my offers in my BOA online Banking. Showed Approved for all the cars - Selected BOA Travel Rewards, - Instant Approved 3k.

Total CL's = 23k

On Sept 29th after reading about getting multiple Amexes for the points bonus - and the fact that it's only a HP if approved I apped for the AMEX PRG card. - Instant approved.  - Not counted in CL's.

October 5th I went back to Chase and Capital One Prequal sites. Chase showed slate and freedom again, Capital One now showed Venture Rewards. Apped both.

Got a 20k SL on Venture Rewards. Got the 7-10 day message with Chase. - Turns out you can only app one Chase product every 30 days - had to recon to find that out. Rep told me to app again past 30 days of slate bc otherwise I would be approved.

Total CL's = 43k

On Oct 7 went back to BOA prequals in my online banking... Approved for all cards - Apped BOA cash rewards - instant approved  $3k SL

Total CL's = 46k

October 10th re apped for Chase Freedom from prequal - got the 7-10 day message again. Was told here on the forum to wait it out. Got a letter in the mail about a week later that said we have recieved an application and that if I did apply please call in to verify so they can continue processing and if not please call us to alert us to the potential fraud. Called in, the rep made me login to my online banking and answer some balance / deposit questions. Said ok you're verified let me process this. Came back and told me I was approved with a 5.5k SL.

Total CL's = 51.5k

I had apped Barclays early in my spree and was denied - spoke to a recon guy who told me it was bc my credit was "too new", and wouldn't budge.

I chacked their prequal on October 28th and it showed me approved for the Arrival + card. - Instant approved for 3.5k SL. - I actually asked for a CL immediately and ended up with another hard pull and no CL - so tread lightly with Barclays.

Total CL's = 55k

Nov 5th I checked the Capital One Prequal Site - Was pre qualled for another Venture Rewards - apped - Instant approved for $15k SL.

Total CL's = 70k

I had heard that you could pull two Capital One cards with the same set of 3 HP's if you apped two in the same day. - Went back to the prequal Showing prequalified for Venture Rewards AGAIN. Im like well its worth a shot they are gonna use the same pulls - BAM! Instant approved for $15k SL AGAIN.

Total CL's = 85k.

So then on Nov 6th - I asked around the forum about apping for cards with a lot of new Accts and inq's. Was told about the Synchrony / Stash Visa. Decided to app. Instant approved for $2k SL - Called synchrony credit solutions explained that I would like a more useful credit limit etc, and the rep asked how much. - I said 10k, he said let me review some things came back and countered me with an $8k limit. I accepted.

Total CL's = 93k

Then I had gone to DCU earlier in the process and opened a small checking account with them. Looking for my last card I logged into online banking and I looked in the messaging center and my monthy fico for 10/30 was now 699. SO I decided to app for one of their cards - and an auto loan - ive been ready to buy a new car cash but I'd rather finance part of it to give me the trade line (one pull 2 shots). I was instant approved for the card with a  7.5k SL. - The car loan application is still pending but I want it as more of a prequal so I can go car shopping. - We'll see on that one.

Total CL's = 100,500.

I'm done apping for at least a year - I still have a few spending bonuses to meet, and I eventually plan on combining down some cards - (Chase + Capital One) and possibly Moving the MR's from Amex plat to PRG and closing Plat. We'll see.

Take care,

George

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Crazy Rebuild. 100k in TL's in 100 days!!

Oh my goodness you gave me the chills CONGRATULATIONS that's beautiful
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Crazy Rebuild. 100k in TL's in 100 days!!

And I just got the call from DCU that my 30k car loan was approved as requested!

That was the cherry on top...

Take care,

George

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.